Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hot Sauce Thread • Page 53

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 2, 2017.

1. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

How is the Garlic Reaper? Most reviews on Heatonist say its bitter with heat and little to no garlic.

I just ordered that, Los Calientes, and The Chicago Hot Sauce. Absolutely stoked because I just got an air fryer and I wanna add some fun sauces.

2. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I love it. for sure the garlic flavor could be more pronounced. you don't need a lot of it as it packs a decent heat punch

chewbacca110 likes this.
  3. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i honestly do not like garlic reaper. i can't taste any flavor. my wife loves it though.

4. chewbacca110

That’s what I keep reading: seems to be a love it or hate it sauce.

5. MattNCheeze

Trusted

pauljgreco likes this.
  6. chewbacca110

Tried these bad boys on some unsalted Donkey tortilla chips.

Chicago Hot Sauce is very unique. The heat of a jalapeño but the mustard and dill turn it sweet and very savory. Excited to actually apply it to a hot dog or burger.

Los Calientes - wow wow wow. Perfect blend of smoky and sweet. This is gonna be bomb on chicken and pork.

Garlic Reaper is just outside my level of heat comfortability, but that’s also why I wanted to get some sauces: to expand my palate because I am obsessed with Hot Ones.

Attached Files:

coleslawed, estebanwaseaten and Joe like this.
  7. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I really enjoyed the Chicago sauce! Definitely made for a cookout. I had the LC Rojos (and absolutely loved it) but still need to get my hands on the og.

8. Ya Chicago sauce is great. Haven't tried Garlic Reaper, but I've been using Zombie Apocalypse recently and really like it. I LOVE Los Calientes. I have the rojo but haven't opened it yet. Was supposed to try it with a group of friends before the quarantine started :-/

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  9. chewbacca110

Girlfriend's parent got us an air fryer for our housewarming so I am stoked to do some wings up and brush some of these sauces on.

riotspray and estebanwaseaten like this.
  10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Los Calientes is ridiculously good

chewbacca110 likes this.
  11. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

My collection is getting out of hand. They recently started stocking Melindas and Yellowbird at my local hannafords. Got the pizza hot sauce and ghost pepper wing sauce from Melindas and the blue agave sriracha from yellowbird (this one is so fucking good especially compared to standard sriracha)

12. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

i've got a whole corner of my fridge dedicated to hot sauce. a lot of them are dwindling down to just a few more dashes left, though.

13. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i've pretty taken up all the side shelves in my fridge.

14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

as it should

15. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

The yellowbird sriracha came in my first Fuego box and I’ve been using it on everything. I don’t even like regular sriracha that much

mattav152 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  16. chewbacca110

Tried Garlic Reaper in homemade chili and also on a frozen pizza. Pizza >>>>>>

DickyCullz, Anthony_ and coleslawed like this.
  17. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Torchbearer Plum Reaper just showed up. NO idea if this is gonna have much practical use but I'm intrigued

18. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Just got Blueberry Habanero from Heartbeat. Excited to try

phaynes12 likes this.
  19. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

How's that Melinda's pizza sauce? Melinda's is my go to for every day sauces. It's like $3 a bottle here and everyone I've had has been great.

20. Fucking Dustin

Update: Still no idea what I should use it on but it's great. Might have to think of something cool to do with it

Joe4th likes this.
  21. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

mix it with big red

Joe4th likes this.
  22. Fucking Dustin

Would be nice to add SOME good taste to Big Red

Joe4th and dadbolt like this.
  23. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Decided to make an attempt at making fermented hot sauce this past weekend. Mostly jalapeños, with one Fresno chili and one poblano, along with a few pieces of fermented garlic ginger I had from making a paste with. We’ll see how it turns out in a few days.
    09EDBEB2-5379-44AF-9158-4BEA7735366B.jpeg

24. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I really like it! Its not very spicy so its definitely a great everyday sauce. Probably as much heat as the red pepper flakes that its trying to replicate but that's not a bad thing to me since I'm not always in the mood for habanero or ghost pepper heat. I like it as an alternative to ketchup on burgers personally but its seems very versatile.

riotspray likes this.
  25. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Blended and bottled today. It is quite chunky but I’m excited to try it on some tacos
    16BE9869-356E-4F08-9709-2FD560F215F5.jpeg