Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hot Sauce Thread • Page 51

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 2, 2017.

1. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Yeah, pizza for sure! Torchbearer also makes other less hot garlic sauces that are just as good.

2. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I ordered a ton of Torchbearer last week because they are having a month long 20% off sale. Not sure if Coronavirus stuff would have affected that or not, but I was able to get a great deal on a lot of their stuff I had not had previously.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  3. riotspray Mar 13, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 13, 2020)
    riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

There's a guy in my local music scene that started making his own hot sauce and was gonna be selling it at a local show tomorrow. I was thinking about going just to get some hot sauce (probably wouldn't even stay for the show) but I'm not sure now is the right time to buy homemade hot sauce from (ostensibly) a stranger

4. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

garlic reaper is pretty spicy. wife loves it.

5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

EF0CAC87-7AE0-4671-B262-543764128DCE.jpeg

6. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

phaynes12 likes this.
  7. phaynes12

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  8. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Nice! I’m super interested in the Pepper North stuff

phaynes12 likes this.
  9. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Secret Aardvark Habanero in the house

Joe, Mr. Serotonin and Ken like this.
  10. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Does anyone in here experiment with different hot sauces in their bloody marys? I've tried sriracha, tabasco, cholula, and a few others. I think I've settled on my favorite combination--a spoonful of horseradish and lots of Crystal.

11. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Exactly what I do. Honestly the garlic crystals would prolly be :fire: too with some pickles and whatnot in it.

Ken likes this.
  12. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I thought about that while I was making it! I put an olive and a lemon wedge in mine. There's something really gratifying about making the perfect extra spicy bloody mary from scratch.

coleslawed and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  13. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Pour some of this shit with a pickle in sometime

[​IMG]

14. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'll have to try it! I put a splash of olive brine/juice in this one. I love the saltiness.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  15. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Grillo's belong in a BM so I back that hard. I personally found a Ghost Pepper infused vodka that is tailor made for the drink.

coleslawed, Ken and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  16. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Thinking about trying out a hot sauce subscription service for at least a month. Would you recommend Heatonist or Fuego Box? Looks like they are roughly the same price.

Mr. Serotonin and Ken like this.
  17. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I had Fuego for a few months. Always received some great sauces.

Matt and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  18. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

If the price is essentially the same, I'd say go Heatonist. I had Fuego Box for a while and I always got pretty good sauces but they actually started to repeat sauces way sooner than I would have liked. I imagine Heatonist is probably a bit better on that front because of how carefully they curate their in-store selection. And if they do give you repeats it would probably be of stuff like the Hot Ones sauces, which are all great.

coleslawed, Matt and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  19. phaynes12

i like heatonist a lot

if you can still sign up for april’s, apparently one will be with an ingredient never used in hot sauce before

Matt and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  20. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Yeah I think both are great options but Heatonist has a bit of an edge given their platform and ability. You also get cool stickers in their boxes.

Matt likes this.
  21. Matt

the mind reels

phaynes12 likes this.
  22. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Heatonist is also just a great place and should be supported as much as possible during all this. I love going there and would very much prefer they stay open lol.

coleslawed likes this.
  23. Matt

I ended up going with Fuego Box because they had a $10 off coupon for your first box. I might try Heatonist next month

24. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

got some shaquanda hot pepper sauce yesterday... really good stuff.

mattav152 and estebanwaseaten like this.
  25. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Made a bunch of wings in the air fryer and did a few rounds of different batches with different sauces but only managed to take one pic. Nonetheless, the standard Torchbearer buffalo sauce is delicious. Also did Torchbearer Oh My Garlic and some Arthur Wayne Limitless.

Attached Files: