Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hot Sauce Thread • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Crazy Caribbean

HIGHLY recommend this sauce. Moderately spicy and should go well with most things but goes incredibly on fried anything, especially fried seafood. I love love love it.

2. djwildefire

Trusted

Not hot sauce, but I was just at my local farmers market and they had a challenge where if you ate a whole habanero pepper you would get a bunch of free produce. Suffering from the after effects of that now. Has anyone else done something like this?

3. Anthony_

Terry!!!

Bloodsucker II and Joe like this.
  4. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I love hot sauce. I just can't do any of the super fucking spicy ones, like Blair's Mega Death and whatnot. My personal favorite is Crystal hot sauce, but it's been kind of hard to find near me. There is one grocery store near me that usually has it, but even then it can be a crapshoot sometimes. I also always fux wit Huy Fong sriracha.

5. Terry Crews just always seems like the best dude. That was a great ep.

Anthony_ likes this.
  6. Anthony_

Couldn't agree more with this entire statement. I love Terry, so I don't even remember the last time I was this excited for a guest on the show, and it did not disappoint.

Joe likes this.
  7. Dog with a Blog

Lol I hope I’m as cool a dad as Terry someday

Anthony_ and coleslawed like this.
  8. Anthony_

Same, that story was amazing.

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  9. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, but I just ate a homegrown habanero for no reason lol.

djwildefire and coleslawed like this.
  10. djwildefire

Trusted

How did you feel after it? I thought I would be on the toilet a lot more than I did.

Anthony_ and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  11. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I was okay after the 30 minutes of hell lol.

Anthony_ and djwildefire like this.
  12. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I picked up some of Dexter Holland's (Offspring) hot sauce Gringo Bandito. Packs a mean punch but tastes great when you add it to chili.

13. Forgot to post this. I bought a case of hot sauce from that Butterfly Bakery place. So far I've had the Cilantro Onion and am currently on the Heady Pepper. Both are good! Also, they were kind enough to throw in an extra bottle with the case of 12.

IMG_2957.JPG

14. Anthony_

THAT'S AWESOME!

Yeah, as I said a few pages back, Heady Pepper is one of the best hot sauces I've ever had in my life. I love it so much. I ordered that and the Maple Sriracha and they also threw in an extra bottle. Such a nice surprise. Doesn't compare to getting the whole lineup though. How much was that all?

15. I paid $56.70. Used a discount code, which gave me $6.30 off, and shipping is free on orders over $50. I selected the 'We Pick Case' option since I was too lazy to choose what I wanted ha.

Anthony_ likes this.
  16. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Not really a hot sauce enthusiast, but just wanted to pop in and say those Hot Ones interviews are low-key the best celebrity interviews around.

coleslawed and Anthony_ like this.
  17. Anthony_

Couldn't agree more, Sean is a fantastic interviewer and the concept itself is brilliant. Great series for sure.

coleslawed likes this.
  18. puppychrist

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but El Yucateco is the shit.

Anthony_ likes this.
  19. Anthony_

Yeah big fan. I think the Green is my favorite but they're all really good.

20. Ken Oct 18, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 19, 2017)
    Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I love the cholula chili garlic sauce. I think it might be better than the original. Also, I recently bought the chipotle cholula and that stuff really kicks up homemade salsas very nicely. I need to find a store nearby with a giant hot sauce selection and a tasting room.

Anthony_ likes this.
  21. Anthony_

Chili Garlic Cholula might be the most underrated mass-market hot sauce. Nowhere near enough people even know about it, let alone have tried it. It definitely is better than the original.

Ken likes this.
  22. Anthony_

Cool vid about hot sauce pairings.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  23. Anthony_

My fiancé got me a Fuego Box subscription for my birthday last week and the first box came today. So stoked.

24. Kuri44

Jardines’s Sontava! Habanero sauce is where it’s at. The perfect blend of flavor and hotness. I like XXX, but XX is really good too

Anthony_ likes this.
  25. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

yall ever heard of tabasco

dylan likes this.