Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hot Sauce Thread • Page 44

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I picked up the Thai Sweet Chili sauce to start, thought about picking up the ghost pepper but saving that for another time haha. I'm not sure if they have the mustards but I definitely saw a few different types of ketchups from Melinda's (including the ghost pepper and chipotle for sure) while there.

riotspray likes this.
  2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks!

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

coleslawed and mattav152 like this.
  4. Chicago Red Hot Jalapeno is very good and tasty with a nice little kick for casuals like myself.

Heartbeat Pineapple Habanero is also very good. I prefer it to the Bravado Pineapple Habanero, but the Heartbeat Red Habanero is still my favorite.

Dirty Dick's is amazing. Good kick but has a ton of flavor. I'll probably buy more when I finish this bottle.

Adobo Loco is where I started struggling. This one is straight heat to me. I'm sure people with a higher tolerance can better discern the flavor, but I was dying.

Bravado Aka Miso has an interesting flavor, but again was killing me. I definitely like their Black Garlic sauce more on first impression.

Burn After Eating is another interesting one. The spiciness kicks my ass, but there's a really interesting blend of peppers going on here mixed with a ginger flavor.

I wish I could handle spice better so I could give y'all better descriptions, but this is all I got right now haha.

coleslawed and Fucking Dustin like this.
  5. Anthony_

6. Anthony_

I just realized they need to get Jason Mantzoukas on Hot Ones, he’d be a great guest

7. DarkMatterHotSauce

Dark Matter Hot Sauce

We (Dark Matter Hot Sauce) just released our annual Konstantine limited edition hot sauce if anyone loves SoCo and hot sauce. Konstantine 2019 is has rich garlic flavor, traditional cayenne heat, and subtle sweet & smoky notes. Excellent for everyday uses to enrich your dishes.

[​IMG]

If anyone is a Something Corporate fan, might be a cool gift idea. It's only available for a limited time. A portion of each sale goes directly to The Dear Jack Foundation, founded by Andrew McMahon.

If anyone wants to check it out, it's available on our site for a limited time (until December 19th) at: Konstantine 2019 Hot Sauce Limited Edition Pre-Sale

((We receive permission from every artist involved in this project))

Attached Files:

EASheartsVinyl and Anthony_ like this.
  8. Anthony_

K Stew!

coleslawed likes this.
  9. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I got a bottle of Dirty Dick's a couple of weeks ago and initially I wasn't that impressed. I went to my go-to method of tasting it on Trader Joe's corn chips and it was too sweet for me. Then I put it on pizza. Game changer. It's probably my favorite of that style of sauce now, even surpassing Secret Aardvark. The balance of flavor is so nice and I really appreciate the sweetness now. Good stuff.

coleslawed likes this.
  10. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

guess I need to try it on pizza - I tried it on seafood (per a suggestion in this thread) but it was good, but still too sweet for me

11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Asked for some hot sauce at a local Mexican place yesterday and found out they have a house one in addition to bottled versions. It was not the kind of place I expected to offer that and it was SO insanely good. Not the hottest by any means, but the flavor was incredible.

12. Anthony_

when a place has a house sauce you always know you're in for a good time

coleslawed and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh absolutely. My dad lives right by an amazing hole in the wall that has multiple varieties and I wish they bottled them.

Anthony_ likes this.
  14. Anthony_

If you asked them to be able to buy some for home use maybe they'll let you!

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ll have to ask next time for sure. The only thing I don’t know about is how stable they are. They are always really generous with takeaway portions but those never last long enough for me to test their longevity, lol.

Anthony_ likes this.
  16. Anthony_

hahaha time to find out I think

17. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

There's this cheesesteak place around here that makes their own house sauce, a hot sauce, a ranch, a garlic sauce and multiple others, plus they have like 5 varieties of Melinda's ketchup on deck

I've been avoiding going there and eating 5000 calories in one sitting, but it's been tough. Now that I've been reminded of it again, I may have to make the sacrifice.

18. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

That sounds like it'd be my favourite place.

EASheartsVinyl and riotspray like this.
  19. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

will ask about bottled sauce if when I go

20. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

It's seriously amazing. Definitely the best cheesesteak I've tasted. I've never had a true Philly cheesesteak but I assume this is as close as you can get in Dallas since they sell TastyKakes and Wader (water) Ice and the place is decorated with tons of Philadelphia shit.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  21. Mr. Serotonin

Mannnn there was this place in Orlando that was a family from Philly. That was the best I've had. They sold one that was like 24 inches long and you could get fries and like a 32oz beer with it if you wanted. I think I went with the 12 inch, 32 oz beer and fries :crylaugh:

It was classic. Steak, provolone, hot and sweet peppers, mushrooms, onions and I added some hot sauce.

riotspray likes this.
  22. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

where is this place I’m going to go tonight lol

riotspray and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  23. Mr. Serotonin

Can you text me a pic if you do?

riotspray likes this.
  24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  25. Mr. Serotonin

coleslawed, dadbolt and riotspray like this.