Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hot Sauce Thread • Page 42

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 2, 2017.

1. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Please report back with feedback!! I have loaded up a cart on Heatonist multiple times now but I can just never bring myself to pull the trigger.

Joe likes this.
  2. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Just got this sauce and highly recommend!
    F9ADFAF1-F6EF-4BC2-AFC1-40EAD259FB77.jpeg

3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I finally opened the bottle I had of that Pirate's Lantern sauce from a couple seasons of Hot Ones ago and it's delicious

4. Look what just came in. Don’t know when I’m actually gonna try them, but I’ll let this thread know my thoughts when I do!

CCB2E532-3F81-4A5E-87B3-B65B54083CB1.jpeg

5. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Very curious to hear about all of the season 10 sauces but dammit if Dirty Dick’s isn’t fantastic.

6. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Finally found this shit in a Winn Dixie of all places :crylaugh: it was almost $10 on Amazon so I never pulled the trigger.

[​IMG]

coleslawed, estebanwaseaten and Ken like this.
  7. Anthony_

Wow

Mr. Serotonin and Joe4th like this.
  8. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

crystal is so good

9. Mr. Serotonin

It's the absolute greatest for seafood/Cajun food. I pour that shit all over red beans and rice or jambalaya.

Ken and Fucking Dustin like this.
  10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

Matt likes this.
  11. phaynes12

WOW MAN

coleslawed likes this.
  12. rocketsguy03

allisterkid

I finally did what I've been contemplating for over 3 years, maybe closer to 4, and signed up for Fuego Box. Seems like most people in this thread that have tried it enjoy it. For some reason I'm way overly excited about this. Anyone know how quickly I can expect the first box of delicious hot sauces?

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  13. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

The first box is always the same and serves as an introduction to the service. They've probably updated the sauces used but I imagine it's still done the same way (I joined over 2 years ago). I got mine within a week's time of signing up if I remember correctly. Which option did you choose?

rocketsguy03 likes this.
  14. rocketsguy03

allisterkid

I had to go with the sauce lover one with three bottles. Sounds like that one focuses on flavorful stuff and the middle one gives you extra hot, which can be a good thing, but I'd rather try the more mild to normal hot stuff.

Sauce Lover seems like the easy choice, because you're paying nearly $20 anyways if you get the one that only gives you a single bottle.

15. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Yeah that would've been my pick too. When I signed up they only had one option haha. I hope you enjoy it! I was also incredibly excited for my first box and when it showed up, one of the bottles had broken in transit and I have never experienced such incredible disappointment when i unwrapped the outer package layer and saw, felt, and smelled the disaster. They made it right though, and it's never happened since.

rocketsguy03 likes this.
  16. phaynes12

ITS HERE

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  17. Anthony_

010A6A9B-B216-4490-874E-2DC80904C921.jpeg

18. rocketsguy03

allisterkid

Got my first Fuego Box. It came with Friendly Fire Guava and Habanero Hot Sauce, Char Man Brand Verde Hot Sauce, and Born To Hula Guajillo Monster. I gave them all initial reviews in a group text to my friends, but that was just tasting the flavor off my hand. Excited to put these to the test with actual foods and see how they compliment the foods and stand out. I almost want to switch to monthly so that I can do it for like 4 months, have 12 random hot sauces to get me through for as long as they last, and then cancel the subscription until I get the itch for more hot sauces.

19. Anthony_

Noel Gallagher is such a character lol good episode

phaynes12 likes this.
  20. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

y’all gotta get on the Crystal w/ garlic train

21. Mr. Serotonin

Haha, that's what I posted/just bought!

coleslawed and Ken like this.
  22. Anthony_

Crystal Xtra Hot is also really good

Mr. Serotonin and Ken like this.
  23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I like Crystal, but it's too thin.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  24. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I like to substitute Crystal for basically anywhere that Tobasco is traditional.

25. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I agree with that

I do think Crystal is the perfect hot sauce to use as a cooking ingredient though