Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hot Sauce Thread • Page 37

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 2, 2017.

1. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Didn't know this thread existed. I've been going through the Angry Goat lineup, which is all very good if not for the novelty (the Demon Reaper is awesome, and I also really like the Hippy Dippy and Purple Hippo). My all time favorite hot sauce, and one that is infinitely versatile, is the Kitchen Garden Farm Ghost Pepper (or Habanero if you want less heat; they actually taste surprisingly similar). The Kitchen Garden

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  2. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Did another batch of my pineapple habanero and a batch of jalepeño lime. Both turned out better than expected and I think I'm starting to get the hang of this!:)

3. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Have you had Hot Cock? I am not an immature teenager but gd if it isn't hard to ask that with a straight face. It's my first and only Angry Goat thus far but I still haven't opened it.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  4. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Yes, Hot Cock is very good! Hate that name tho.

5. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

6. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

This has been a work in progress (I wish I had started saving my bottles much earlier), but I think I finally have the resting place for any new empties! The girlfriend is supportive which is nice haha cause I'm pretty obsessive and particular about this. 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

riotspray, coleslawed and Joe like this.
  7. That's a nice collection! Kind wish I could do the same, but I don't think I'd have room anywhere.

8. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Thanks! Yeah she wasn’t using the majority of that shelving unit so I kinda commandeered it haha

9. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

That's such a sick collection! It looks really nice

10. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Shout out to the King of the Hill collection

11. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Thanks! It is probably my favorite show of all time.

riotspray likes this.
  12. Had a little wing night get-together last night, and we put together this lineup and had some fun. My first time trying a lot of these. Heartbeat and Los Calientes were really good. Zombie Apocalypse was also pretty good.

IMG_3874.JPG

13. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Nice! So many of these i want to try. Coincidentally picked up a bottle of the Bravado Black Garlic Reaper this past weekend, haven't tried yet though.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. Garlic Reaper is great, but it's a bit above my ceiling as far as spice so I struggle with it haha. Definitely recommended, though.

15. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I love Zombie Apocalypse. Really wanna try Los Calientes. That ghost pepper+blueberry is great too (although I'm not really a fan of it on wings haha).

16. I gotta hand it to 'em, it does taste like blueberry ha. I wasn't a huge fan, but like you said it's probably better on something besides wings.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  17. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I had the Chipotle Smoked Tabasco for the first time in a while yesterday. I forgot how good it was.

riotspray and estebanwaseaten like this.
  18. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

gonna try to marinate some wings in the sauce i made next weekend

19. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Melindas makes a Chipotle hot sauce too that is pretty similar to the Tabasco one but with a bit more of a kick. I recommend it. Also, it's fairly inexpensive if you can find it locally. I really like most of the Melinda sauces.

t_papaccio and estebanwaseaten like this.
  20. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Fuckin backed for Melinda's. It's like 4 dollars a bottle and the two that I have had have both been delicious.

riotspray likes this.
  21. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

the GOAT

upload_2019-8-1_8-17-15.png

coleslawed, riotspray, alina and 2 others like this.
  22. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I need to just always throw a Melinda's bottle into any Amazon orders I place. I haven't had that one but I'm curious, what constitutes a condiment vs a sauce? Is it consistency? I know that Yellowbird calls all of their stuff "condiments" and also come in those squeezy bottles. Is it just cause it's a lil thicker?

23. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

coleslawed and pauljgreco like this.
  24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'm telling you, for a budget hot sauce, Melinda's is legit. I've yet to find one I don't like and they make some that are actually spicy, which is rare for a $4 sauce

25. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yesssss

estebanwaseaten and riotspray like this.