Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hot Sauce Thread • Page 33

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I love the Serrano and Habanero flavors, haven't broken into the Jalapeno one yet

2. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Yellowbird Serrano is insane. I haven't tried the other ones either though.

estebanwaseaten and Joe like this.
  3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Finally got some Secret Aardvark.

4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

can never go wrong with the hot ones signatures. my fave is los caliente.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  5. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

yellowbird jalapeno is great, i have it in the fridge right now. our fresh market started stocking aardvark and yellowbird so ive been a happy camper as of late

6. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

@estebanwaseaten thats awesome!

I grilled up some chicken last night and made chicken sandwiches. The star of the show? The mayo/aardvark sauce. You guys gotta try it!

Anthony_ and estebanwaseaten like this.
  7. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

i also have been trying to work my way through the other milder torchbearer sauces (ive had tingly #4 and everyday #1) but amazon goes through a third party called MetaRetail for these and both that have shown up have had an expired "best by" date which kinda like, sucks

8. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

i want that!! ive still only had the og and the serrabanero

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  9. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

hahaha oh shit, my bad I forgot they had a mayo sauce. I just mixed mayo/garlic cloves/aardvark myself.

What'd you think of the serrabanero? To be completely honest...I'm not a fan.

10. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

oh nice. i thought i was crazy for a second cause i couldnt find their spicy mayo anywhere on their website but its on hotheat's shop. i wonder if they discontinued it or dont make it anymore?

anyway, yeah im still working through the serrabanero and while i dont hate it (im definitely gonna use it all) i kind of agree. i was way let down haha. its weird and not really what i wanted in a green sauce. but i still cant really define what it is that seems off to me about it.

11. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Yeah that's how I feel about it too. I feel like it just kinda sits in my fridge since whenever I wanna green sauce I reach for Yellowbird, Char Man or even Trader Joes (they make a good green)

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  12. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

immediately hit restock on dirty dicks after i went through my first bottle in a few days. got their mustard based sauce too but it just doesn't compare.

13. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Gonna have to try yellowbird and aardvark here soon

14. phaynes12

any recommendations for yellowbird? im intrigued by the blue agave sriracha.

15. phaynes12

think im gonna start trying to make my own sauces. lots of recipe ideas and having a place like puckerbutt pepper company so close will be helpful for supplies

16. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

all of their stuff is worthwhile. the sriracha was very good but i probably wouldnt get it again. only a personal preference tho cause im not a big sriracha fan and i think its been kinda tapped. working on a bottle of jalapeno condiment now actually.

phaynes12 likes this.
  17. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Someone suggest to me a sauce that’s unique and both fruity and hot as hell. Looking to order something for myself soon from Amazon.

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  18. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Bravado is pretty well known for their blueberry/ghost pepper thanks to Hot Ones, so that jumps to mind but i also would recommend checking out Pepplish Provisions. they have a lot of unique fruit/spice combinations. i have only had the Peach Agave Garlic but it was yummy and carried a good bit of heat.

coleslawed and OotyPa like this.
  19. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Dirty Dick's bb

20. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Dirty Dick's is one of my faves but I wouldnt say its hot as hell haha. The Bravado blueberry/ghost pepper is tasty and def packs some heat when you eat alot of it

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  21. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I was gonna say Dirty Dicks wins in terms of delicious fruitiness but I personally don't think DD really delivers on being "hot as hell". With that said you should still get dirty dicks.

22. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Pick a Peppa makes some nice fruit hot sauces but also not hot as hell unfortunately

23. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It's not hot as hell but it has a satisfying kick and it's the best-tasting fruity sauce on the market, so

24. phaynes12

wow

25. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Really enjoyed that episode