Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hot Sauce Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Anthony_ Aug 10, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 29, 2018)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah, much like craft beer, craft hot sauce ain't cheap. I'm trying to get the Hot Ones sauce, the Queen Majesty Habanero & Black Coffee, the Queen Majesty Scotch Bonnet & Ginger, and the Dirty Dick's sauce next. All of that sounds awesome and all four have been on Hot Ones (well, the Habanero/Coffee one was in Season 3, but still).

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  2. Dog with a Blog

Mmmmm. I want to try all da sauces!!! I seriously feel so lame but I love hot sauce so much.

although, not quite as much as I love bbq sauce. my true love

coleslawed and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  3. Anthony_

Hot > BBQ for me, but I do love BBQ sauce as well. And yeah I also want to try all the sauces so my wallet is probably going to murder me in my sleep.

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  4. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Damn, that store has some delicious sounding sauces.

Side note, has anyone made their own hot sauce?

5. Anthony_

I helped my future brother-in-law make some one time. Didn't turn out too great haha. I do want to give it another try though.

Have you?

6. Anthony_

So, my future mother-in-law just got back from Arizona the other day and she brought me two bottles of some real good stuff:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, I had never had a sauce made with Trinidad Scorpion peppers before but this was pretty delicious. The Carolina Reaper sauce was also really good. Surprisingly, however, neither one of these were incredibly spicy to me. I found them both to be satisfyingly spicy but with really good flavor. They both contain tomato, and their consistency reminded me a lot of the Secret Aardvark Habanero sauce (which I love). Definitely worth a try, I think.

Sting N Linger - Salsa, Hot Sauce, Seasoning, Pasta Sauce, Flavored Oils, Dressings

yeahrightdude likes this.
  7. yeahrightdude Aug 11, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 11, 2017)
    yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

PeppaJoy

I inadvertently started a hot sauce collection last fall so I'm pumped for this thread. So far I haven't strayed too far from the basics but I found a local brand on vacation in Turks and Caicos called Peppa Joy and it's easily one of my favorites. It's more on the sweeter end of the spectrum because they make it with guava but it's not overwhelming at all. Perfect for Italian food so I use it as my "secret ingredient" in homemade pizza. It's not very spicy in small amounts but it gets really hot if you use enough of it. It doesn't down out other flavors if you use too much either which is great.

Unfortunately it's pretty expensive since it's imported but it's nice to have around for special occasions.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  8. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I haven't but I've been thinking about it recently. I saw some videos of people making a fermented hot sauce and that sounded really interesting to me

9. Anthony_

Tried the Wegman's jalapeño hot sauce today, pretty good. Have to admit, I've been pretty impressed with some of these store-brand sauces.

10. Dog with a Blog

I feel like Whole Foods should have some good hot sauces...I should check them out

11. Paul Beaumont

Just been made aware that this thread exists, so I'd like to recommend some sauce that is made right by where I live here in the UK and is incredible. I currently have a bottle of Nagatropolis and it melts my face.

Pip’s Hot Sauce

yeahrightdude and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  12. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

Also just been made aware of this thread and it's exactly my kinda place. Gonna take some time to look through these suggestions.

13. lolfpcmlol

Regular

The one near me is hit or miss. I got a good one called Chaos Theory that despite the Ghost pepper labelling. is not all that spicy but still rather tasty. It may just be my location but they tend to stock a lot of the big brands and not too many local/under the radar hot sauces.

Chaos Theory

yeahrightdude and Bloodsucker II like this.
  14. Anthony_

The more tropical-tasting hot sauces have a really fine line that they need to walk. Can't be too sweet or else it won't really go with anything, but also has to have some of that fruity-ness to it to separate it from standard, pepper-and-vinegar-only sauces. I'm fairly certain I've heard of PeppaJoy before, on lists of good sauces that I've seen around the internet.

My mom brought me back some of this sauce from Antigua last month:

Susie's Home - Company Name

The Original and the Burning Desire (which has scotch bonnet and mustard, which I love) are both dee-licious. I think they only sell in bulk through their site but I'm certain anyone interested could find cheaper options around the 'net. Just another recommendation for a more fruity sauce, a bit on the sweeter side, but with serious heat backing it.

15. Anthony_

16. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Last night I accidentally rubbed my eye after handling the Trader Joe's habanero hot sauce. I do not recommend it.

17. Anthony_

That stuff has some surprisingly strong heat. I was impressed. Tastes incredible too. Some of these store-brand sauces are really, really good.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  18. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Just casually browsed this thread because I'm ignoring everything Brand New and will say Trader Joe's Habanero hot sauce is good as fuck. Got to be careful though, because it's got some kick. I eat it on tortilla chips if my nose is stuffed.

19. Dog with a Blog

20. JxP

Poster Boys for Bad Luck

[​IMG]

21. Anthony_

22. Dog with a Blog

Come with.

23. Anthony_

24. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Picked up a bottle of sauce made with Heady Topper IPA. Kind of interested to see how it is and if the beer is even noticeable at all.

25. Anthony_

Is it this?

[​IMG]

Because I'm about to order some that sounds awesome.

coleslawed likes this.