Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hot Sauce Thread • Page 28

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Luckily I still ended up getting the sauces! Just had to have a customer service call to get it done haha.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  2. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Im excited to try that Garlic Reaper though. It'll be my first time trying a Torch Bearer sauce and I hear they're amazing

3. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Tabasco is kinda harsh (even though I don't find that its actually hot which has always been weird to me) but their chipotle sauce tastes amazing. Its one of my go to sauces for eggs when I'm not in the mood for habanero or ghost heat.

Lately my fav sauces have been mostly garlic sauces or Dirty Dicks which my #1 sauce. This one from Benito's is absolutely a must try imo.

4. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

my #1 sauce is also Dirty Dicks. I'll have to check out that Benito's one sometime too

mattav152 likes this.
  5. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

DD ftw always but yeah that white hot looks tasty

mattav152 and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  6. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

also thanks to chipotle for introducing me to jalapeno tabasco cuz i love that shit

Mr. Serotonin and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  7. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I gotta thank hot ones for introducinng me to Dicks. The show has actually really helped me find a bunch of my favs and expand my taste, though I haven't ventured into the most extreme stuff like The Last Dab or Da Bomb. Before that all I really knew were the big names like tobasco/tapatio

8. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Yeah def, same here. Honestly I dont have any interest in sauces like Da Bomb. I like heat but from what I get watching the show, those ones just fuck you up without any flavor.

Have you ever made your own sauce?

If you ever wake up feeling dangerous, try making your own.

9. Fucking Dustin

The Last Dab does have good flavor but DEFINITELY needs to be used sparingly hahaha. Using it like they do on Hot Ones is masochistic.

I've written guidelines for what I'd do for my own sauce but am too intimidated to try.

Joe4th and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  10. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Go for it! I've made three in the past year and all turned out pretty good - one was waaaaay too hot though.

What kinda sauce do you wanna make? Or why are you intimidated?

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  11. JessLeigh

just keep your head above; swim.

Have you guys ever done the Blazin' Challenge at Buffalo Wild Wings? I'm a pansy... could never.

12. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

What's the Blazin' challenge?

I remember about 5 years ago, me and 3 of my friends did our own challenge with the Blazin' wings. We all had to eat a boneless Blazin' wing at the same time. Whoever took a swig of their beer first had to buy that round of beers. My one friend was so overwhelmed he took a sip within the first 3 seconds while the wing was still in his mouth. Then put his head down on the table for a good 5 mins in pain hahaha

yourfaveweapon likes this.
  13. Fucking Dustin

I wanna use a good amount of habanero (above where Secret Aardvark and Bravado go in terms of heat but not TOO far) and make a fruity sauce using like kiwi as the base flavor with hints of mango and other tropical fruits. Not sure how it'd turn out hahaha but it intrigues me.

Joe4th, SEANoftheDEAD and JessLeigh like this.
  14. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

They ask me all the time because I order and eat the challenge + Fries anyway but I always decline because I wanna take my time :crylaugh:

15. Fucking Dustin

I've attempted twice, the first time I was too weak and bowed out, the second time I was able to eat all the wings but didn't make the time limit

One of my friends did it the second time (we attempted together), he was on the wall but that BWW burned down

dadbolt, coleslawed, Joe4th and 2 others like this.
  16. JessLeigh

Haha! I don't think I've ever seen anyone order it just because.

17. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Yeah they're always pretty surprised and warn me and i'm like, it's fine. I do this all the time, i'm a professional :crylaugh:

18. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I'd say definitely try it sometime. The whole process of actually making the sauce took me less than an hour. Then just bottle it and let it sit for a week or 2.

I did some research online on how to make my own sauces, then just altered the recipes to what I think I'd like best. It's super simple to make a good sauce, but perfecting it is super hard.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  19. JessLeigh

You have to eat 12 of their hottest wings in 6 minutes without any water or napkins.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  20. JessLeigh

I saw many guys cry during college lol so I am impressed.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  21. Fucking Dustin

This is the underrated hardest part. If you're a nail biter and you have those cuts in your cuticles that sauce can BURN if it gets in there.

22. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Are they boneless wings or traditional? I was gonna say I don't get the napkins part, but now I get it haha

JessLeigh likes this.
  23. Fucking Dustin

Traditional! I'm pretty sure it's an even mix of drums and flats

JessLeigh and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  24. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

they stopped doing it at our bdubs for some reason

25. JessLeigh

Yeah I read it's pretty much up to each place how they do it/if they do it/what they give away or do if you complete it...so there's some variance across the nation.

estebanwaseaten likes this.