Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hot Sauce Thread • Page 27

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 2, 2017.

1. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

oh

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

gimme

3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Anthony_ likes this.
  4. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

ICEMAN

hank sauce has a limited release small batch sauce up for sale right now and these never last long

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  5. JessLeigh

just keep your head above; swim.

Oh man, I have to agree. Not a fan of regular Tabasco but I am OBSESSED with green! First had it/discovered it when I was a kid when we visited the Tabasco factory in Louisiana.

In general, I like hot sauce but don't branch out much... Tapatio, green Tabasco, Frank's, Taco Bell mild sauce, Del Taco mild sauce... lol

6. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I've been wanting to try one of these. Hard to pull the trigger on one bottle for $22 (with shipping) though.

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  7. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

If you like the basic styles and want to try one similar to Tapatio, try Valentina. Their Black Labels a staple.

estebanwaseaten and coleslawed like this.
  8. JessLeigh

Why have I never heard of Crystal? I'm in Arizona.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  9. JessLeigh

I feel like I've had Valentina in my fridge years ago but always chose Tapatio over it so eventually it got tossed. I remember it's good on like eggs/breakfast foods?

10. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

It's really good, highly recommend

A cajun restaurant near my place has it on all the tables and it's a godsend

Joe4th and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  11. JessLeigh

Honestly I wonder if they even sell it here. I've never seen it in a restaurant and I've never noticed it at any grocery stores. I'll have to look specifically next time.

12. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Yeah it's great on eggs/breakfast burritos. I like both Tapatio and Valentina, but my fave outta the 2 is Valentina Black Label.

13. JessLeigh

I will have to look for that at the store as well. Didn't know about that variety! I love trying new things.

14. Fucking Dustin

It's worth a shot! I'm in north Texas so a bit closer to Louisiana than you are, not sure how regionally concentrated Crystal is though. Any people outside of the south/southwest see it around often?

yourfaveweapon likes this.
  15. JessLeigh

Fucking Dustin and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  16. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

coleslawed and Fucking Dustin like this.
  17. JessLeigh

SEANoftheDEAD and Fucking Dustin like this.
  18. Fucking Dustin

Speaking of which I got in another argument with Amazon about delivery because they tried to skimp out on delivering my hot sauce, it was very heated (NPI)

yourfaveweapon, coleslawed and Joe4th like this.
  19. Fucking Dustin Apr 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 2, 2019)
    Fucking Dustin

I ordered Garlic Reaper (which I now keep in stock at all times), this horseradish sauce made by Torchbearer that was really good (not really a hot sauce IMO), and a Bravado 3 pack (before my grocery store stocked it) off Amazon and gave specific instructions so that they could deliver it right to my door and put in writing that they're not authorized to drop my package off at the front desk.

They put that my ETA for delivery was 930 PM on the delivery day chosen and at 945 I got a notification that "I wasn't home so package could not be delivered".

I probably shouldn't be that upset about people not doing their jobs but idk it just got me heated, especially since I chose no-rush delivery to be SLIGHTLY more environmentally conscious and even then they pushed it as late as possible and then tried to pin it on me.

20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I really want to try Garlic Reaper. Once I get some bills paid this month I might order a bottle

21. Fucking Dustin

It's probably my favorite of the sauces in that "ghost pepper and above" bracket but I'm also still pretty novice

SEANoftheDEAD and Joe4th like this.
  22. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I honestly haven't had anything that high up in spice so I'm excited

23. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

completely understand. my loyalty to them (and their consistency in small batches) gives me enough justification to spend a lil more.

24. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

valentina black label is great and its 99 cents at krogers here so its always stocked

coleslawed and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  25. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

That situation you posted about is pretty shitty. Glad you posted it though because I didnt know Amazon had Garlic Reaper in stock. Just ordered a bottle.