Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hot Sauce Thread • Page 23

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Queens

2. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Hell yeah, I'm so hyped for this episode. Honestly expecting to enjoy this more than last weeks Gordon ep which was top tier

3. Anthony_

Ramsey is great but Abbi and Ilana are so much more entertaining to me. And they're just such naturally funny people. Awesome episode.

coleslawed, mattav152 and riotspray like this.
  4. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

got my first fuego box of 2019, wrote some quick notes on what i got below. all in all, it was a solid lineup. very mild though, i would've liked some more kick. but i now have 3 new sauce companies to explore.

Peach Agave Garlic from Pepplish Provisions (Peach Agave Garlic Hot Sauce | Pepplish Provisions)
    -this one had the most kick out of the 3 but still not overwhelming. the garlic was subtle and offset by the sweetness. loved it.

Supernova Smoky Chipotle (Smoky Chipotle Hot Sauce)
    -just a simple smoked chipotle sauce. very nice, kind of BBQish. nothing special, but still good.

Das Gud Garlic Habanero (PRODUCTS - Das Gud Spice Co.)
    -my favorite of the 3. i already used like a quarter of it on pizza last night. heavy on the garlic, and it just really pops with the habs. big fan!

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  5. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Love a good pizza hot sauce. Secret Aardvark has been my go to - especially mixed with some ranch. Will def be checking that out!

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  6. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

no joke, i made secret aardvark one of my dash buttons on amazon cause i planned on consistently ordering it. will def mix some with ranch next time. that and dirty dicks have been staples for me re pizza consumption

7. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Dirty Dick's is one of my absolute Go-Tos...I ordered a 12 pack awhile ago to have them on standby haha.

That peach one you got sounds pretty good too, might have to check that one out too.

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  8. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

finally got some secret aardvark arriving today from amazon. gonna have to pick up a pizza on the way home form work

9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I've been meaning to try more hot sauces. Think I'm gonna order some Secret Aardvark and Dirty Dicks since those seem to keep popping up in my searches.

How hot are they on a 1 to 10?

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  10. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Personally like a 2, but for others maybe like 4?. I don't find either to be hot. Both have great flavor with a touch of heat.

estebanwaseaten and riotspray like this.
  11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Cool. I'd probably like something a little bit hotter, but not uncomfortable. Any recommendations for something around a 6-7? Like something hotter than BWW's hot, but not all the way to Blazin.

12. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

i would align with SEAN in terms of heat index for secret aardvark and dirty dicks. if youre looking for more spice but still maintaining great flavor, i would recommend any number of Puckerbutt sauces (Ed Currie's company). Their standard habanero blend packs a decent amount of heat and is still real accessible. Also, Hotter than El's ghost sauce and Bravado's Crimson special reserve version.

riotspray likes this.
  13. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

If you have a Trader Joe's around you, I highly recommend their habanero sauce. Great flavor with heat around 6-7. Bravado makes a few really good sauces with ghost reapers. I've made wings with their blueberry sauce and they were amazing and packed a punch.

14. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I just got this sauce on Saturday! Found it at Buc-ee's on the way home from Houston. I'm excited to try it

15. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Post what you think. Every bottle says 'shake well' but with the blueberry Bravado - make sure you shake REALLY well!

16. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll definitely try the Trader Joe's habanero since it's easy to just go pick up. Probably gonna order a couple others too.

SEANoftheDEAD and DickyCullz like this.
  17. Fucking Dustin

I tried it last night on some eggs, SUPERB sauce

18. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

i decided to pull the trigger on the black reaper chocolate bar challenge. will report back when and if i survive it.

19. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

hell yeah man...sooo good. i'll have to try it on some eggs. So far only tried it on wings and nachos.

20. Anthony_

What a run of guests to start the season, honestly

21. dash64

This is my design

I'm in San Antonio, sounds like I'll have to pick some of this up soon!

22. Fucking Dustin

It's so damn good! Definitely in my top 3 I've tried

23. dash64

This is my design

I just looked at their website and realized I've tried a few of them before. They sell them at Target and Whole Foods around here.

riotspray and Fucking Dustin like this.
  24. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

just ordered a bottle of the last dab for when my friend visits in a couple months. gonna be tough waiting for him to open it but I didn't want it to sell out

bradsonemanband likes this.
  25. does anyone in here actually use Da Bomb or Mad Dog 357 on an everyday basis? fuck both of those sauces forever.