Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hot Sauce Thread • Page 21

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Season 8 Lineup Reveal

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  2. Anthony_

The Torchbearer Garlic Reaper is an immediate want from me, sounds delicious and I love all their sauces that I've had.

coleslawed, SEANoftheDEAD and Joe4th like this.
  3. dash64

This is my design

Same here, might have to order that one.

4. Anthony_

For anyone that doesn't already know, Amazon usually carries a lot of the sauces they feature on Hot Ones, so check there first, but if all else fails you can always find the current season's sauces (and lots of other amazing sauces) here:

HEATONIST | Purveyors of Fine Hot Sauces

Joe4th likes this.
  5. dash64

This is my design

I was looking at a few of those on Heatonist and was wondering which ones you've tried.

6. Anthony_

Of this lineup, I've only had The Classic, Los Calientes, and Da Bomb. I've also had the original Last Dab, which is delicious, but haven't tried the new Last Dab Reduxx yet. The Classic is really incredible, it's amazing what they were able to do with such a mild spice level. Los Calientes is most comparable to something like Secret Aardvark, in both flavor and consistency, but honestly as crazy as it sounds I might like Los Calientes even better than Aardvark. Da Bomb tastes like motor oil and I would not recommend it.

I've had sauces from Adoboloco and Torchbearer before and they make great product, so I would definitely feel comfortable trying both of the ones they have in this lineup.

7. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I made an order a couple months ago of Torchbearer Zombie Apocalypse, Secret Aardvark, Assam, and Small Axe Peppers Habanero Mango, and all 4 are/were phenomenal

Will probably try Fire Water and Garlic Reaper next

Joe4th likes this.
  8. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Secret Aardvark is still my favorite.

Really want to try the Garlic Reaper.

9. Fucking Dustin

I think the Habanero Mango is my favorite so far, it's the one I imagine myself using the most.

Zombie Apocalypse and Secret Aardvark are tied for 2nd

Assam rules but it's just not versatile enough. But seriously if you cut up some peppers and cook some chicken thighs, mix em with a bottle of Assam and a can of coconut milk, and serve with rice, it's AMAZING (we did this but didn't have enough stuff to make rice funny enough, was still amazing but was hot as hell)

Joe4th likes this.
  10. Fucking Dustin

Oh nice apparently Last Dab Reduxx just got restocked through Heatonist

Ordered a bottle of that + more Aardvark + more Assam for now

Joe4th likes this.
  11. SEANoftheDEAD Jan 17, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 17, 2019)
    SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Most def ordering that garlic reaper. One of my personal faves recently is Dirty Dick's. Seriously amazing sauce.

Edit: So the Garlic Reaper isn't even on Torchbearer's site for sale (as of right now). Heatonist has it, but for 1 bottle plus shipping it's $22. Gonna hold off for now.

But wouldn't be surprised if I end up drunk ordering it this weekend lol.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  12. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

joe.JPG
    If you have a Trader Joe's near you, check this sauce out! It's only $3, great taste and packs a punch.

13. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

@SEANoftheDEAD I love that sauce. For the price it can't be beat. My go-to for that one is definitely soups. I make this baked potato soup and a bit of that sauce just makes it so much more rich and warm.

14. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Yeah, it's a fantastic sauce and for the price it definitely can't be beat. That sounds amazing. I put some in my chicken chili over the weekend and it was phenomenal.

LightWithoutHeat and ChiliTacos like this.
  15. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

gonna need that garlic reaper.

16. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Purchased a bottle based on this post and can confirm its great

17. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Also grab Green Dragon at Trader Joe's. Not really that hot but has great flavor

[​IMG]

18. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

fuego box renewed. will update once i receive it.

Mr. Serotonin and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  19. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

TJ’s has it all.

20. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

i just finished off my green dragon a couple of days ago.

today is gordon on hot ones!

anyone had any Hotter Than El?

coleslawed, SEANoftheDEAD and Ken like this.
  21. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Yes, I'm so ready for Gordon Ramsay on Hot Ones today.

22. Anthony_

Never have, but just from looking at their website it looks like they have some good stuff. Would like to try that Scorpion Sting sauce, and the 24K Gold Habanero sauce. I think scorpion peppers and habaneros have the best flavor of all hot sauce peppers, personally, so those are right up my alley.

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  23. Fucking Dustin

Last Dab was pretty good, definitely has some good heat to it. Not sure how much I'll actually use it on haha.

Joe4th and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  24. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

the 24k is very very good. i first got it in a fuego box a while back and it prompted me to check out their other stuff. i havent had the scorpion but ive had purple haze, ghost, duke's cold nose brown ale, and one of their limited batches (think it was a datil pepper sauce). i really wanna try the scorpion, reapers revenge and that new love burns sauce.

Anthony_ likes this.
  25. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

What a great episode. Gordon's funnier than most of the comedians on the show

Ken, Joe4th and SEANoftheDEAD like this.