Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hot Sauce Thread • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I have NO IDEA lol.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  2. Dog with a Blog

I know there's one called Dirty Dicks that is supposed to be pretty spicy.

3. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah, sounds like a hot sauce to avoid.

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  4. Dog with a Blog

Do y'all watch Hot Ones?

coleslawed and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  5. chris

Trusted Supporter

I don't ever really go super spicy, but give me sriracha on almost anything. Or Louisiana Hot Sauce, I need to go buy a barrel of that stuff

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Is this at the end of a rainbow or...?

coleslawed and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  7. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Jungle Jim's in Ohio. There are two locations. They literally import food from everywhere. There's a butter section full of like 50 butters types from France etc. They have rooms devoted to countries, like Holland, Germany, then entire sections for huge counties like Mexico and the UK.

I bought green tea kit Kats, and blueberry kit Kats from Vietnam last time I was there.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  8. Anthony_

Yes I love Hot Ones! Dirty Dicks is only their 6/10 haha. Sean Evans (host of Hot Ones) described Dirty Dicks as "maybe pound-for-pound the best wing sauce on the market" so I really want to try it.

coleslawed and Bloodsucker II like this.
  9. Anthony_

So jealous that store sounds amazing in general but in terms of hot sauce selection specifically.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  10. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I found this garlicky hot sauce that was amazing, but I can't remember what it was called. It was imported from Brazil.

11. Anthony_ Aug 5, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 19, 2017)
    Anthony_

Oh man that sounds great. The Chili Garlic Cholula is bangin in terms of garlicky hot sauces that are widely available.

coleslawed and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  12. Dog with a Blog

I had a chicken burger at Gene Simmons' restaurant today called "The Demon Chicken" and it was pretty disappointing. I mean, it tasted very good but was not spicy at all.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  13. Anthony_

Speaking of Hot Ones, this week's episode was great:

14. Dog with a Blog

Try that habanero sauce at Trader Joe's I posted a picture of. It's SO GOOD!

15. Anthony_

I'm going to go to Trader Joe's on Monday, got two recommendations to try haha

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  16. Anthony_

These are both amazing, thanks for the heads up!

17. Anthony_

Heads up: Sean Evans (host of Hot Ones) will be a guest on Colbert tonight. Hoping this means they got Stephen to do an episode, that would be amazing.

18. Anthony_

Vince Staples, great guest.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  19. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

Chipotle Cholula is :heart:

20. Anthony_

Chili Garlic Cholula is the GOAT Cholula haha

21. Anthony_

Anyone that loves Chipotle Cholula or Smokey Tabasco should try ordering a bottle from this site:

Dark Matter Hot Sauce

30% of the proceeds go to the Dear Jack Foundation and the sauce itself is a delicious, smoky chipotle hot sauce with a small kick. Tastes great.

22. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

:heart: the Dear Jack Foundation. Thank you for that info. I'll absolutely check it out.

DarkMatterHotSauce and Anthony_ like this.
  23. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Has anyone had the Hot One's sauce? Most people on the show always comment on how good it is. The only person I've seen not really like it is Matty Matheson and he only said it was too sweet, which might be right up my alley.

coleslawed likes this.
  24. Anthony_

I have not had it yet, but it's available through the Heatonist website.

HEATONIST | Purveyors of Fine Hot Sauces

You can also sign up to be notified when The Last Dab goes on sale. Can't wait to try that as well.

The store is in Brooklyn, so next time I'm over there I really want to go in and check it out. This is where Sean gets the sauces from for the show. If you've ever seen the videos on their channel when he goes to get sauces for the new season, the guy that runs this store helps him craft the lineup.

25. Dog with a Blog

Holy shit, one of those sauces is $40. It's in the "hottest" department though, so it'll probably last you a lifetime.