Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hot Sauce Thread • Page 18

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 2, 2017.

1. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

2. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

truly incredible

mattav152 likes this.
  3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

title should have been trust the hot sauce tbh

primavera likes this.
  4. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve been eating a lot of a habanero sauce my dad recently brought back from Mexico, it packs a decent amount of heat but is pretty fruity. Goes great on eggs.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  5. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

6. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

"Rude boy, because I am a rude boy."

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  7. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

"I don't slide into DM's, its something I've always been afraid of"

8. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

One of the better episodes this season so far. I love how hard he was trying to hold it together throughout the second half of the sauces, and did anyone notice the basketball net 'swoosh' sound about 18 minutes in when he threw a wing in the garbage? I had to do a double take haha

9. CobraKidJon

the bit where he talks about beating people because he wants them to know he is the best lmao

10. Dog with a Blog

coleslawed likes this.
  11. mattav152

fuck thats gonna be a good one

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  12. Lets get this thread active again. Butterfly Bakery made it onto Hot Ones! Tomorrow I'm hanging with some friends and I'm finally trying some sauces from S6 that I bought a while ago. Bravado Spice Company - Black Garlic Carolina Reaper Sauce, Bunster's Black Label, and I still have a bottle of Last Dab Scorpion Pepper edition that I haven't tried. I'll let you all know what I think of them all.

13. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Please let us know! My wife was just asking me to make a Christmas list for her and I told her it's just gonna be like 15 different hot sauces. I'm almost out of all the stuff I got at the beginning of the year so I'm ready for a lineup change of my own. I ate a lot of Dirty Dick's, I was obsessed for awhile but eventually it just got a little too fruity for me. Looking for some more pepper forward sauces this time around. I also realized I don't have know me on my ass HOT sauces. If I'm looking for real heat I usually just put dried ghost pepper on whatever I'm eating.

coleslawed and Joe like this.
  14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

15. primavera

it’s so good man

16. mattav152

That's really cool to see Butterfly Bakery get a spot in the lineup! From what I've had of theirs I've loved. Their Habs is a good medium heat sauce and I love the colabs I've had of theirs, most notably the one with The Alchemist which changes slightly each time they make it. The version I bought last year was fantastic and packed a bit more heat than I was expecting.

I've also been dying to try more featured sauces from the show. Only ones I've had are the Humble House Ancho & Morita, OG Fiery Chipotle (rip), and Dirty Dick's which I think might be my favorite overall. Almost tried Da Bomb at a local taqueria once but didn't wanna ruin my tacos or my day.

17. Ok, so here's what I can say about the sauces we tried last night.

Bravado Black Garlic was my favorite. It tastes great and packs a punch (at least for my limits). Bunster's Black Label had a strong flavor up front and then the spice kicks in. I didn't like it much, but it has orange juice and goji berries in it, which is where I feel like that up front flavor comes from. It's definitely unique, and it was pretty hot too. Last Dab Scorpion was very mustard-y, and also very hot.

We made wings and were tossing them with the different sauces. We started with some generic buffalo sauce, then Valentina Black Label, then Aardvark (which given the texture and consistency, doesn't toss as well with wings), and then the sauces mentioned above. Bunster's and Last Dab was really where it became a struggle. I accidentally got some on my nose, and my right nostril was burning for like 10min. Also, the right side of my face was sweating profusely. A painful but fun experience overall.

I think I'm going to start getting some of the more mild sauces. I just ordered Howler Monkey, and I want to try the Los Calientes too.

mattav152 and ChiliTacos like this.
  18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

For you hot sauce snobs, is Melinda's a respected hot sauce?

19. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

picked up some green Cholula for my eggs the other day.

20. MattNCheeze

Trusted

I've got Bravado's Ghost Pepper & Blueberry cue'd up in an amazon cart. Anyone had it?

21. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I tried it and it was a bit thin and sweet for my liking, also didn't have as much heat as I was hoping for. It wasn't bad, but not something I'd stock at home.

22. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Got anything you'd recommend in place of?

23. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Dirty Dick's is very good if you're looking for something fruity. It has a banana flavor that's super good.

24. primavera

yooooo

25. CobraKidJon

jack black was going in on those wings so that was refreshing.

coleslawed likes this.