Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hot Sauce Thread • Page 15

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I typically go to a different grocery store on the other side of town for things like that. That's where I found the Valentina. I'll have to look for it over there.

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

They carry Yucateco at Walmart too. I'd also check there.

3. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

That's where I'm going. Their produce sucks and it's a drive, but I can find things like this there.

4. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'm curious, if you could only have 5 hot sauces in your cabinet at home, what would they be?

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Anthony_

Valentina Black

Crystal

Secret Aardvark

Queen Majesty Scotch Bonnet & Ginger

A good green sauce (Bronx Greenmarket/Tabasco Green/Green Yucateco/Green Cholula/etc.)

6. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'm trusting you and ordering all of these sauces (already have crystal and regular valentina):thumbup:

coleslawed likes this.
  7. Anthony_

Oh boy, idk if that's a good idea remember when you trusted me about Taco Bell lol

Ken likes this.
  8. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

That's a matter of preference. I want to try new things.

9. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

10. Another great guest. Also, I bought a Last Dab Scorpion Pepper bottle, so I'll let you all know how that goes ha.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  11. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Missed all this! Yucateco green def packs a punch, I love it with breakfast burritos/eggs.

I absolutely love Valentina black label. My other faves are in my pic...Secret Aardvark, Palo Alto Firefighter sauce, and Yellowbird serrano.

Ken likes this.
  12. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Havent tried it yet but my hopes just got shattered haha. I enjoy all the ones in my pic except the Gator Hammock

13. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Chili Oil (mixed with soy)
    Chili Garlic Sauce (aka Sambal)
    Chalula
    Franks

...these are all I need.

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Last week I tried a little bit of habareno sauce called Devil's Duel at this barbecue restaurant in Syracuse. I liked it

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  15. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Has anyone tried the Hot Ones Fiery Chipotle? Every guest RAVES about it. I forget who, but one of the guests mentioned a waver they had to sign to endorse it, but I couldn't tell if they were joking or not.

16. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Yeah I’ve got a bottle of it. It’s smokey and sweet, and the heat level is on par with Secret Aardvark. I think it’s quite good.

coleslawed and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  17. I loved it. Finished the little bottle way too quickly.

18. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

sounds great, gotta get me some!

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  19. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

need to add something a little spicier like that Queen Majesty, but otherwise i’ve got that same lineup as my go-to’s, with the addition of Cry Baby Craig’s habanero & garlic (they’re local, so i’m not sure how widely available they are), and Trader Joe’s green sauce, along with another local green jalapeño sauce.

20. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

21. Anthony_

73340B79-857B-4E4C-9E1D-003A86BC92BD.jpeg

I’m in love y’all

22. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Ill have to check that one out. On a side note, just got a new bottle of Secret Aardvark and the hole is bigger, so it comes out faster. Hallelujah!

coleslawed and Anthony_ like this.
  23. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I don’t know that I’ve ever been in this thread but I’m very sad the OP isn’t “I’ve got hot sauce in my thread”

dadbolt likes this.
  24. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I forgot to post this, but I had this at a pizza place in denver and it was sooo :fire:

Attached Files:

25. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I ran out of my Fiery Chipotle last night. It adorned some fish tacos and made a hell of a last stand to get me to order some more. I almost caved but its just too expensive to have it shipped so far.

Maybe I can try making it.

coleslawed and Mr. Serotonin like this.