Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hot Sauce Thread • Page 14

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 2, 2017.

1. username

hey you lil piss baby

Episode made me depressed tbh

2. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

just found out the company that bought out the store I work at carries Pain is Good and a few other hot sauce brands. time to stock up.

Joe, Michael Schmidt and Anthony_ like this.
  3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

sophos34 likes this.
  4. LightWithoutHeat Apr 12, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 12, 2018)
    LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

FYI these chips are the perfect vessel for hot sauce:

[​IMG]

coleslawed and ChiliTacos like this.
  5. CobraKidJon

6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

queen

7. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

go off

8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I have a bottle of Da Bomb coming to my house today via Amazon. Wish me luck.

9. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I actually considered buying it last night because I was already placing an Amazon order and it was only like 7 bucks. What I really want though is Dawson’s or Extreme Karma but they’re both around $15 and wahhhh I shouldn’t spend that haha.

10. Anthony_

Dawson’s is amazing and very much worth it. I was at Heatonist a couple weeks ago and tasted it.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  11. The Tyra episode was great. I know Dawson's comes after Karma in the lineup on Hot Ones, but to me Karma tastes hotter than Dawson's.

zmtr likes this.
  12. CobraKidJon

Tyra Banks episode was a top 3 for me imo.

zmtr likes this.
  13. zmtr

Trusted

I was looking in the entertainment section for a thread about Hot Ones and ended up stumbling on this beautiful topic.

Tyra Banks is a perfect human being and that most recent episode was incredible. Sean is so god damn good at what he does.

I'm at the the point where I'm trying to find older episodes that I haven't seen yet but I just end up watching ones I've already seen for the 2nd/3rd time. What a great show.

coleslawed and Anthony_ like this.
  14. zmtr

Trusted

And to actually contribute to the thread:

I love spicy food/hot sauce on everything but I've never really shelled out for a really good bottle. I've been thinking about getting the chipotle bottle from the Hot Ones website but if there's other cheap-ish things you guys can recommend, I'd love to hear it.

Anthony_ likes this.
  15. Anthony_ Apr 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 21, 2018)
    Anthony_

Most good bottles go for around $10, so you can’t go wrong with pretty much anything they use on Hot Ones (except Da Bomb, obviously). The Zombie Apocalypse from Torchbearer, which they just retired from the lineup this season, usually goes for $20 though. That said, I actually just got some on Amazon for like $17, it was on sale or something. That one is really good.

Secret Aardvark is probably my favorite all-purpose hot sauce, would definitely recommend that first and foremost. The Hot Ones Fiery Chipotle is excellent too, as are the Scotch Bonnet & Ginger and Red Habanero & Black Coffee from Queen Majesty. Also don’t sleep on Dirty Dick’s for a great fruity, tropical-tasting hot sauce.

16. CobraKidJon

my co-worker is gonna start hooking me up with the clearance chicken wings and I'm ready to stock up on hot sauces.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  17. zmtr

Trusted

I ordered a bottle of Secret Aardvark! Haha. The name/label did it for me.

18. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

you’re gonna love it

19. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Building up a nice collection. This is a beautiful sight.

sauce.jpg

Ken, Anthony_, Joe and 1 other person like this.
  20. Anthony_

I actually wasn't a fan of that Dragon's Blood sauce on the far left. Not a very good sauce imo.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  21. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Any thoughts on El Yucateco's green/habanero hot sauce? I've had it in restaurants a few times and always enjoyed it. Thinking of ordering some. Or maybe there's something like it but better?

coleslawed likes this.
  22. Anthony_

With Yucateco, red and green are the only ones worth having. None of the other kinds I've had have tasted good to me. I like the green. You can't find it in a local grocery store though?

coleslawed and Ken like this.
  23. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

My local grocery store sucks. Maybe I've always missed it though haha.

24. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

The Yucataro green habanero packs a punch and its color is deceiving. The first time I had it, I thought, green sauces are typically not spicy and put way too much on my shrimp tacos and it was pretty unpleasant. I'm a huge hot sauce fan but I don't like to go overboard on my pours as I want it to enhance the flavor, not cover it. My lesson was learned that with all hot sauces, try a little drop the first time!

Anthony_ likes this.
  25. Anthony_

Check where they keep the Latin American stuff instead of where they keep the hot sauce.

coleslawed, LightWithoutHeat and Ken like this.