Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 705

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. -deleted-

-

I'm one of CGM's biggest haters so that doesn't help my opinion. But I really felt like the remake lost the atmosphere and tension of the original. The CGI was meh, and I also dislike the change to the title, because "Let The Right One In" actually has some meaning in context with the story.

2. airik625 Aug 10, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 10, 2020)
    airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Speaking of favorite horror flicks, The House of the Devil is perfect. One of the scariest movies I’ve ever seen.

3. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Watched Lars Von Trier's The House That Jack Built on Hulu. I feel like I should have known what I was in store for having watched some of Lars' previous work as I was bored for a decent chunk of the 2.5 hour runtime. There were definitely some interesting moments and it has one of the funniest ending credit songs I've ever experienced.

4. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Oh shit. Didn’t know that was up on Hulu. Gonna have to check it out

5. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I finished it over the weekend and I'm still mad

ChaseTx likes this.
  6. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I’m biased as I said numerous times in this thread, the film was partially filmed at the college I went to grad school

airik625 likes this.
  7. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Honestly the Hunt isn’t GREAT but it’s very FUN and I ENJOY WATCHING IT and will DEFEND THE MOVIE ALWAYS and I’ll die on this hill.

Contender likes this.
  8. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Watching Haunt and the idea of extreme haunted houses already gives me so much anxiety honestly even if it was just a movie of a regular not murderous extreme haunted house I'd be noping. Srsly don't get the appeal of these things!!

BirdPerson and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  9. Kiana

See also: escape rooms

10. Kiana

Lmao I can't @ her having to use the mirror in the escape room to read the backwards writing like sis it's two words ur fine

11. Kiana

Lol if someone sends me a help text with a location u best believe I'm calling the cops asap

12. We Summon the Darkness was fun! Not particularly groundbreaking, but the cast and tone make it worth the watch alone. A pleasant surprise for a Netflix horror flick.

zigbigwig likes this.
  13. -deleted-

-

I can’t believe I passed on watching The House of the Devil years back. Saw it tonight and loved it. Surprised me considering I don’t really like anything else West has done.

14. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I watched Relic and The Rental yesterday and both left me unsatisfied

Related I have the biggest man crush on the dude who plays Lip on Shameless haha

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  15. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

The Virgin Spring (Criterion) and Viy (Shudder) were great. Did not care much for The Woman.

16. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

It’s been close to ten years since I’ve watched it, but I remember really liking V/H/S. Been meaning to go back and watch it again. Never did understand the love for The Innkeepers. And thought The Sacrament was just alright.

17. The V/H/S movies are so much fun

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Anyone watch She Dies Tomorrow? I'm not sure it qualifies as horror, but it certainly made me anxious. lol

19. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

House of the Devil is great. I think i watch it yearly.

20. zachmacD

Trusted

Not sure if it’s considered horror, but anyone checked out deep blue sea 3? Lol

My fiancée and I go to my parents every Sunday and last Sunday my dad was like “aren’t there three of those deep blue sea movies?” I thought he was kidding until I was on vudu the other night

21. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

Watched The Conjuring 2 for the first time since theaters. Still very good, the nun scene with the painting still creeps me out lol

Cameron and Anthony_Soprano like this.
  22. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Recently discovered rucking fotten and their clothing line is sick. Just hate how much some of the shit resells for.

23. adammmmm

serpent is lord Prestigious

Loved it so much

24. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Watched The Monster Squad for the first time tonight. Aside from the common 80s things that didn’t age well like casual homophobia and misogyny, what a perfect little film.

ChaseTx, Daniel, Aaron Mook and 4 others like this.
  25. -deleted-

-

Watched Elizabeth Harvest tonight. Having just loved seeing THOTD last night, it had a high bar set. It coasted well below that bar.

airik625 likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.