Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 704

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. OotyPa

fall away

Caught a couple trailers of this on my Instagram feed awhile back and it looked butt-ass-stupid, and loads of people were criticizing it in the comments due to its controversial content. I haven’t heard too much about it but it looks like the general response had shifted since then from outrage to excitement... I like Janelle Monae too so I’m curious about this.

2. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I love this movie so much. Would’ve loved to see Rodriguez take on the Scream franchise.

3. -deleted-

-

I’ve seen it a few times. A handful of cringe-worthy scenes but enjoyable if you like mindless slashers.

4. adammmmm

serpent is lord Prestigious

Going to watch it later today. I'm very excited for it, Amy Seimetz is terrific.

5. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Looking for some recs similar to Society. I know that’s pretty niche, but if anyone has any ideas please let me know!

6. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

I recommend pretty much any Brian Yuzna film, he did Society and often teams with Screaming Mad George, who does the effects for all of Yuzna’s films

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Rewatching The Hole for the first time in 10-15 years and it also still holds up fairly well. Not quite the same as it did when I was in high school back then, but still fun.

8. Parents and Basket Case are both good. Especially Basket Case.

9. adammmmm

serpent is lord Prestigious

Basket Case is great. So is Henenlotter's Brain Damage.

10. Watched the original Last House on the Left a little while ago. Not sure how to feel about it. I'm trying reckon it's significance in horror history with it being a largely unenjoyable experience for me. May check out the 2009 one.

Will definitely be checking out Host, though. Sounds like a lot of people in here liked it.

11. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Watched the first half or so with some horror friends and they were surprised by it. Apparently better than they all expected.

I was a little drunk and went to bed during so I can't vouch for sure haha

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  12. I watched Amulet tonight. There were a couple creepy/gross/weird parts, but overall... not a fan.

13. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Ended up buckling down and doing In Search of Darkness this weekend instead of anything else. A very enjoyable ride that touched on a lot of great movies. It's insane when considering the scope of horror movies in that decade and how many were released that became genre-defining, along with so many friggin household names that everyone knows today. Gotta be honest, did not care for James Janisse in it though, he sounded like a game show host every time he was on screen. It's weird though cause i've typically enjoyed Dead Meat.

14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah he was definitely a weak link.

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  15. I watched Dead Meat for the first time this past weekend and definitely enjoyed the content but would also contend that he always sounds like a game show host lol definitely going to be an acquired taste, but yeah, the videos are solid

16. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Cory, Matt, ghostedaway and 3 others like this.
  17. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

This is true and why I was a bit conflicted on him in there haha. I think I enjoy his cadence and delivery in his own videos but this just seemed so foreign out of context in the documentary, idk. But yeah I really like him and what he has created with DM.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  18. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Yeah I'm really liking the Dead Meat videos. I just started them on this threads recommendation, but it would be totally jarring to throw him into a doc with the same energy and cadence of his videos. Any other good horror YouTube channels?

I watched Re-Animator and Let the Right One In this weekend both were great. Re-Animator was so much fun.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  19. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

watched hell house LLC for the first time last night. for a found footage movie, it had some quality scares throughout and loved the mystery around it. gonna try to make time to watch the second film tonight.

20. Curious to hear your thoughts on the sequel. I thought it was pretty bunk, but definitely enjoyed the first!

21. -deleted-

-

Let the Right One In is still one of my favorite horror movies ever. Still hate the American remake with a fiery passion.

Daniel likes this.
  22. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Love the original, haven't seen the remake. Heard it was also good though

Aaron Mook likes this.
  23. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Hell House LLC is one of my favorite horror films of the last few years, the whole thing works extremely well for me and there was one scare that truly freaked me out.

The other two are complete dog shit and can’t recommend them to anyone

24. Gotta say, I definitely enjoy the remake and have only heard unfavorable things when it's being compared to the original, but maybe I'm in the minority there

25. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

This. I thought the first was great, the second was fine, and I found 3 to almost be unwatchable.

BirdPerson likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.