Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 684

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

ADA156F8-F97F-42E9-B77E-CBDD17C237A1.jpeg

Cameron likes this.
  2. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Hush was pretty good imo

zachmacD and Cameron like this.
  3. Conversely, I thought the Pet Sematary reboot was very good, better than any recent King adaptation I can think of and definitely stronger than the original.

And I have trouble getting into Flanagan's stuff. He's a strong storyteller, but visually, everything he does feels a bit drab in a James Wan kinda way. Tonally and stylistically, it all just feels very one-note.

zachmacD likes this.
  4. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Just finished Doctor Sleep. I enjoyed it a lot. Really wish I would have caught this in theaters. Constantly had plans to do so, then always skipped out saying I’ll do it next week. Made a mistake with that one.
    Also on the Mike Flanagan hype train. If his name is attached, I’m on board. I haven’t loved all of his stuff, but it’s never been bad imo. Always ranges from pretty good to amazing.

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah Hush I think is very overlooked. Absentia is cool too

Anthony_Soprano and DarkHotline like this.
  6. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Doctor Sleep love in here is warming my heart

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  7. Even though it was late afternoon on a summer day, I decided to watch Black Christmas (1974) for the first time. Pretty good!

8. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Omg yes Jess is such a queen

ChaseTx, EASheartsVinyl and Joe like this.
  9. Absolutely. I can already tell I'm going to remember her screaming "Please answer me!" forever.

Kiana likes this.
  10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Love Black Christmas.

ChaseTx and Kiana like this.
  11. zachmacD

Trusted

For anyone who’s seen it, what’re your thoughts on Backcountry? My fiancée and i just watched The Grizzlyman documentary and of course my brain was like “oh we should watch backcountry”. We’re at her parents in the Poconos so it’s pretty fitting scenery. Anyway, I saw it when it first came out and don’t remember much about it. Worth watching?

12. Absolutely wild timing because I'm literally finishing it right now! Christmas in July!

Joe likes this.
  13. wisdomfordebris Jul 5, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 5, 2020)
    wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

lol the child's play remake was...something else. it was absolute soulless garbage but i found something about it kind of endearing? reminded me of all those awful early-aughts horror movies like 13 ghosts and the house on haunted hill remake. so incredibly and unapologetically stupid.

zachmacD likes this.
  14. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Is the Dr. Sleep directors cut worth the extra time? (I haven’t seen the theatrical cut either)

15. It's like a bad Black Mirror episode that still manages to be somewhat enjoyable.

Yes. There are only a few scenes that weren't in the theatrical cut, but the added bits of dialogue throughout really flesh out the characters and story.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  16. zachmacD

Trusted

I enjoyed it when I saw it in theaters. Not sure how I’d feel watching it at home though. The scene with the mascot in the toy store was gnarly

17. Child's Play remake was a ton of fun!

18. Daniel Jul 5, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 5, 2020)
    Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

I really liked the Child's Play remake and love that it's completely apart from the originals. They fulfill two completely different moods for me.

Watched Jaws, The Bay and Independence Day (not horror, but it scared the shit out of me as a kid when they opened the exoskeleton) yesterday. Good 4th of July marathon.

First time watching The Bay, it was alright, didn't like it as much as I thought I would.

zigbigwig and zachmacD like this.
  19. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I finally watched Absentia. That trade...

Also is Doug Jones a more mainstream Larry Fassenden? In that I see him in like every horror movie lol

Cameron likes this.
  20. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I love the Bay but my biggest gripe is
    the reporter drank out of a damn fountain downtown and didn't get sick but people in chemically treated pool water did wtf just cut that 2 seconds out

DarkHotline likes this.
  21. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Triple post but Olivia Hussey is on Twitter and she reads her mentions!

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Tell her I love her!

Jake W and BirdPerson like this.
  23. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Sometimes I wonder if actors ever have an inkling of how beloved a movie will be while they're shooting it. Like how could anyone have possibly known that almost 50 years later Black Christmas would still rule so hard...but maybe??

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I know I’ve read some quotes over the years of people who realized they were making something special the whole time, but I’d say it’s generally more common to see them say that they were stunned and still can’t necessarily explain it decades later. I love going to panels at conventions for cult favorites where the actors are still blown away that 1,000 people are in a room to listen to them talk about something they made when they were 20, lol.

BirdPerson likes this.
  25. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

This week I watched The Burning, Return Of The Living Dead, Sleepaway Camp, and Misery, all for the first time. All good stuff

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.