Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 683

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. FUCK. yes.

2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Watched The Burning for the first time last night. Great kills, kind of an exemplary camp slasher (except that multiple characters are overly sexually aggressive to put it mildly, and when you see who wrote it...)

Tonight gonna rewatch Hereditary for the first time since it came out i think. I put it off for a long time just because it's so heavy

Aaron Mook and Night Channels like this.
  3. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Joe Bob has gone off on several tangents about trans people, including gender confirmation surgery, and his comments are...inaccurate...at best

Like fr if you want to know how phalloplasty works from someone who actually had it and not from a geriatric cisgender fool, AMA in the LGBTQIA+ thread

Aaron Mook and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Aaaaah that’s a no from me!

ChaseTx and BirdPerson like this.
  5. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Actual "Oh noooo" from me after looking it up

chewbacca110 and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  6. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Checking out Doctor Sleep due to this thread

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  7. ChaseTx

I still need to watch the director's cut

8. ChaseTx

Hereditary is improved on rewatch. It's not as intense, obviously knowing what happens, but you appreciate the details more. I feel like I understood it a lot more this time around

Aaron Mook, mad and DarkHotline like this.
  9. DarkHotline

That’s the true great thing about it, you always pick up on something you missed last time and it just keeps rewarding you. Also, I have the directors cut on disc, might break it out another day soon.

ChaseTx likes this.
  10. DarkHotline

I’m honestly impressed with DS, had mixed feelings about it beforehand but now I wish I watched it sooner.

11. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Director’s Cut of Hereditary? Didn’t know that existed.

12. zachmacD Jul 3, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 4, 2020)
    zachmacD

Trusted

Dr. Sleep is fantastic. My fiancée and I saw it on the imax for like $13 in the Poconos where her parents live. The cinematography was just breathtaking and the movie kept us interested the whole time. It was way better than it had any business being

13. DarkHotline

Whoops, I was talking about DS, forgot to quote that post

airik625 likes this.
  14. Man, I did not love Doctor Sleep but to each their own!

15. Loving this Doctor Sleep love. I feel like it had everything working against it: it's a horror movie but it was released in theaters after Halloween, not to mention it's an adaptation and a sequel to a movie that's decades old. Also, while the acting is fantastic across the board, only Ewan McGregor has any name recognition (unless you've seen Rebecca Ferguson in Mission Impossible).

16. ChaseTx

It's Mike Flanagan, he has never made a bad movie(/show)

DarkHotline, zachmacD and Cameron like this.
  17. zachmacD

Trusted

I’ve mentioned this already, probably in this thread, but they dropped the ball on the marketing for this film. They didn’t mention it was the sequel to the shinning, or that it was based on a book by Steven king. Especially since IT chapter 2 had just come out, they could’ve said “from the writer of it” or something along those lines. I just picked up the directors cut from Best Buy so I’m excited to check that out

18. zachmacD

Trusted

you though the reboot of Pet Sematary was inferior to the original? Have you seen it recently? I can understand not liking the reboot, but I watched the original after finishing the book and it’s TV movie quality. Personally, I thought the reboot was terrifying

Aaron Mook likes this.
  19. ChaseTx

Everyone I've heard has said the reboot was terrible

20. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Remake was terrible

Anthony_Soprano and airik625 like this.
  21. zachmacD

Trusted

Oculus is worth checking out?

Cameron likes this.
  22. ChaseTx

Yeah definitely

Cameron and mad like this.
  23. Wasn't a huge fan of Before I Wake, but everything else Mike Flanagan has done has been pretty good to great. Always excited for what he does.

zachmacD likes this.
  24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I didn't like Oculus at all.

25. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I got bored with the Pet Semetery reboot like halfway through and turned something else on. Never did go back and try to finish it.

I remember watching Oculus when it first came out and thought it was decent. It’s worth checking out I think.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.