Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 682

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. -deleted-

-

Can’t understand people picking Paranormal Activity over 75% of those choices.

2. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I’ve seen almost none of those franchises and don’t really have an interest tbh

3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I can’t decide. Some of the options have more movies in the series that I enjoy but others have one or two that I love more than anything else on the list.

4. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Halloween
    F13
    Scream

For sure.

oakhurst likes this.
  5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Paranormal 1-3 are all good (haven't seen the other 3)

Aaron Mook likes this.
  6. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Scream
    TCM
    Halloween

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  7. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

TCM
    Alien
    Jaws

8. Oh yeah, reminder that Doctor Sleep Director's Cut is on HBO Max (and I'm assuming the other two HBOs as well? Idk). Gonna try to watch it tonight. If we were to consider stuff like Midsommar and The Lighthouse horror-adjacent, then Doctor Sleep is my favorite horror-y horror movie of last year.

"Horror-adjacent," heh. Made that up just now. Put it right next to "prestige horror." Terms I probably won't use outside of this thread.

Cory and airik625 like this.
  9. Okay but like Get Out is prestige horror but not horror adjacent and The Nightingale is horror adjacent but not prestige horror and omgosh I'm thinking about this too much help make it stop

mad likes this.
  10. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Doctor Sleep was very enjoyable.

11. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Henry, zachmacD and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  12. Ended up watching Doctor Sleep this morning, in 45 minute increments; I'm still only about halfway through. I don't know how I was able to sit through it in the theater, I'm so emotionally invested I have to take breaks.

13. I made a whoopsie and watched the theatrical version, and didn't realize until there were 40 minutes left haha. The Director's Cut is listed as an extra, because obviously??? I love this movie so much that I don't mind starting over again.

oakhurst likes this.
  14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’ve been rewatching Hocus Pocus on Disney+ and they have a version that includes trivia, interviews, behind the scenes, concept art and deleted/extended scenes during the movie. It’s pretty neat

15. Any horror recommendations on Prime or HBO Max?

16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Night of the Living Dead is on HBO Max. If you haven’t seen it I’d recommend it.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  17. Own both versions, but I appreciate you looking out!

oakhurst likes this.
  18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The Dead Zone is on Prime. Not sure if that’s a super obvious recommendation but I’m always happy when it’s available.

OotyPa and Aaron Mook like this.
  19. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

On Prime: Silence of the Lambs, Hereditary, Midsommar, any of the Friday the 13ths, Crawl, Cabin in the Woods, Phanstasm.

The Child’s Play and Pet Semetery reboots are also on Prime, inferior to the originals but worth a watch

BirdPerson and OotyPa like this.
  20. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Just seeing that Franchise pick 3. How the fuck are so many of you picking Halloween? There are so many boring bad movies in that series! No aesthetic at all!

Friday
    Nightmare
    TCM

wisdomfordebris and SpyKi like this.
  21. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Id go TCM, Nightmare on Elm Street and Evil Dead.

22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

RE: Joe Bob Briggs, I love the idea behind it, but I really zone out during his long non-horror related speeches, haha. I put on Hell Comes to Frogtown and it was just about like polyamory or something and went on forever. He's super knowledgeable about film and horror and I love when he talks about that, but the other parts are so boring.

wisdomfordebris and Contender like this.
  23. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

If you all want “a vibe,” Let’s Scare to Jessica to Death is a good one.

24. xkaylinh Jul 2, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 2, 2020)
    Okay, so I finally finished Doctor Sleep, the Director's Cut--for sure this time haha. The thing about Doctor Sleep (and Midsommar, for that matter) is the theatrical version is already so good. There were only a few completely new additional scenes, but otherwise it was mostly just a few extra lines of dialogue here and there to give the characters more depth. The changes made the already complete story feel just a bit more fully realized. Did it need a Director's Cut? No. Am I glad it exists? Oh, absolutely.

25. Night Channels

Trusted

Doctor ...Sleep?

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.