Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 661

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Never heard of it but that’s reminding me of The Thing so adding it to the watchlist.

2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Add The Guyver to your list too!

3. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Haha, that’s what I meant.

4. airik625

Oh okay I misread that as adding The Thing to your list. Haha cool

5. Never saw The Guyver, but reading about it on Wikipedia and apparently the sequel is even better

6. airik625

Damn I need to watch that sequel. Didn’t even know about it. Need to go back and watch the first one again though. It’s probably been 15-20 years since I’ve seen it ha.

7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Anyone watching Cursed Films?

The Exorcist episode was good not great but I loved The Omen episode. About to start the Poltergeist one now.

zigbigwig likes this.
  8. Gonna wait to binge it

zigbigwig and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  9. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Shit, Poltergeist episode is incredible, too. So dark and heartbreaking.

Kuri44 likes this.
  10. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

that’s great to hear. i thought the same for The Exorcist ep too

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

12. -deleted-

-

House 3. Since you twisted my arm.

13. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

yung_ting likes this.
  14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Wow seeing people talk about The Guyver is bringing in all the nostalgia. I was obsessed with that movie when I was a kid.

airik625 likes this.
  15. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Just started Friday the 13th Part 8 with my daughter and after all these years I have one question...why the hell does Jason’s mask have the ax mark on it when it’s a completely new mask he got from a douche boyfriend he had to kill first?

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  16. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

The series isn’t known for its realistic prop continuity

Anthony_Soprano and angrycandy like this.
  17. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

D
    Did he kill said boyfriend with an ax to the face?!! That sounds like a Jason move, but you probably wouldn’t be asking the question if it was that easily explained haha. I think I’m going to do a rewatch of the series like you did this weekend. It’s been so long since I’ve watched any of the films.

18. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Parasite is on Hulu. It’s listed as comedy tho. Am I missing something? I thought it was supposed to be horror.

19. Jake Gyllenhaal

have you seen it? It’s a dark comedy with some violence and suspense in the last half that’s a commentary on class warfare. Considering I’m unfamiliar with Korean cinema, it’s really relatable to American society.

Cory likes this.
  20. Parasite pretty much denies genre restraints, which is part of what makes it so good. I'd be less inclined to describe it as horror or comedy than a drama or thriller, but it's definitely got elements of all of those things.

Finally got around to The Platform, which is very similar in message and very good. Definitely more horror than anything else.

Cory likes this.
  21. Jake Gyllenhaal

Happy Easter

22. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I've been trying to get my roommates to watch Rosemary's Baby since it's on Netflix. I remember being really creeped out after watching it the first time.

Kuri44 likes this.
  23. I tried once because it was a classic, but Polanski aside, I couldn't get past the fact that after her dream, her husband tells her that he r*ped her in her sleep and the movie just carries on

24. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Polanski is an awful person but the apartment trilogy is still great

25. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Haven’t seen it yet, plan on doing with Tuesday on my next day off of work. I’m pretty excited, Nothing but good words about the movie from opinions I trust and the additional Oscar win.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.