Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 659

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Damn, House of 1000 Corpses is the only Zombie film I actually love. Also enjoyed the Pet Semetary remake for what it was!

Nightmare Cinema was good for a low-budget Shudder anthology. Started rewatching the F13 franchise along with Crystal Lake Memories this past weekend. The Final Chapter tonight!

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I watched about 20 minutes of the new Black Christmas and had to shut it off. I loathe the approach they took with the characters.

3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

What did they do?

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm not a fan of when characters are written as a farce of feminist/misogynist tropes. The characters don't come off feeling like people. They feel more like cartoons. I don't even want to see them die, I just want to shut it off.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That’s a shame, the original had such great characters.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Exactly. Everything was over the top schlock. This just feels like farce.

I read the ending too. This movie shouldn't have been called Black Christmas.

7. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

The original is one of my all-time favorites. I haven’t seen the remake though.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

riotspray likes this.
  9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

bummer

10. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Gonna see how far I get into Channel Zero with this free Shudder trial. Three episodes down of Candle Cove. Been enjoying that a lot. Also watched Bliss which was fucking punk rock.

yung_ting likes this.
  11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

ISOD is out there, if you didn't manage to get the BD

12. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I don’t know what’s scarier about this Tales episode, the mummy or Jeffery Jones being in this episode

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

14. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Digging Channel Zero a lot. Candle Cove was great (feel like there were a few unanswered questions though). Three episodes into No-End House and loving it. Loving the atmosphere and the score in both seasons. Especially loving the way No-End House is shot. Figured this show was gonna be like a ton of modern horror films with a ton of cheap jump scares and shit but I'm glad I was wrong about it.

15. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

so fun enjoyed this a lot

16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Wow I love Dead Meat, but James is out of his element in the In Search of Darkness doc. Clearly reading off of something or super rehearsed

17. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Revenge on Shudder was pretty stellar. That ending was great.

18. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Watched The Fog for the first time on shudder and found myself down a massive Carpenter score rabbit hole. The Christine theme is hands down my fav. So catchy, but also menacing and badass at the same time.

19. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Been finding myself doing the same with Dario Argento films.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  20. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Looks like Shudder added Friday The 13th 1-8 this month

Joe, Aaron Mook and OhTheWater like this.
  21. Hell yeah. I watched the first one but never got around to continuing the series, and then they all got scrapped from Hulu.

22. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Watched The Room today (the new Shudder original movie). Has anyone else seen it? How did you interpret the ending?

23. Anyone watch The Platform yet? I've been hearing good things and I think I'm gonna give it a go tonight.

riotspray likes this.
  24. There have been mixed reactions in the streaming thread from what I remember. I thought it was good but not amazing or anything.

25. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah it was pretty good.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.