Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 654

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Day 2 of home with the flu: time to watch Us

I’m just now realizing i don’t think i saw a single 2019 film before yesterday

zigbigwig and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  2. -deleted-

-

I hadn’t caught onto that in whatever trailers I’d seen, but yes.

3. Honest question, is this supposed to come off as some sort of female empowerment story? (Echoing my previous inquiry, that this is nowhere in the book or original film adaptation, and they just took the idea of a man who can go invisible. I'm completely fine with a reimagining of something I have absolutely no prior attachment to, I'm just curious as to just how far of a diversion this is, especially with all the talk that this was supposed to be part of a series of monster movies.)

4. Damn, I misread and thought we were still talking about Candyman for some reason. Wish I hadn't read that spoiler. Oh well.

5. Also I believe the new "Universal Monsterverse" or whatever is going to be a collection of standalones, thankfully

Cory likes this.
  6. Oh, so they changed it from a shared universe to standalones? I thought they'd abandoned the idea altogether.

7. This is my understanding based on the Wikipedia page:

Cory likes this.
  8. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Don't know how appropriate this is here and not in the video game thread but Kojima is apparently teasing something next week and speculation is that it could be Silent Hill news.

9. flask

Trusted Supporter

please god

10. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

escape room sequel pushed back to 12/30

12. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Didn’t even know there was gonna be an escape room sequel

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  13. Looking forward to watching Color Out of Space tonight, anyone catch it yet?

14. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Escape Room’s set design was fucking bonkers. I’m in for a sequel.

15. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I watched that first hour and ten minutes before my copy just froze. Really enjoyed what I had watched and have been meaning to go back and finish it.

16. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

YES

17. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Invisible Man is the first in at least a few films. Renfield is in production I believe. They’re still looking to do a Bride retelling. There’s some Dark Army movie that is supposed to have a bunch of the original monsters.

but the high budget Dark Universe was scrapped after the underperforming Mummy reboot with Tom Cruise. I didn’t see it, looked pretty bad. Too action oriented for what I wanted. What they’re doing now has much more promise in my opinion.

18. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

a Silent Hill movie?

19. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Watched Girl on the Third Floor this morning and thought it was very meh. My main takeaway was that Trieste Kelly Dunn needs to be in more stuff.

20. -deleted-

-

The details of her abusive and controlling relationship, and the effects it has on her are a primary part of the story. She questions herself, her closest people believe she is just traumatized. (She is, but obviously there’s something else happening.) But she does not waver her beliefs or IQ level. Despite the doubt she knows what’s really going on and she rises to the occasion when shit looks bleak. Best way I can describe it without giving away more.

PS - There is a scene about halfway through that had my jaw on the floor and the pace and setting take a serious left turn.

supernovagirl likes this.
  21. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

are you referring to the restaurant scene?

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  22. -deleted-

-

23. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

watched Blood and Black Lace, and then The Transfiguration right after. not sure why i did that they’re pretty much on the opposite ends of the horror spectrum

i tried watching Viy (1967) but it was super wacky. feel like there’s a certain mood i need to be in to be able to finish it

24. Color Out of Space was one of the most disturbing films I've seen in some time, good lord

SpyKi likes this.
  25. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Saw it yesterday and I really liked The Invisible Man

Anthony_Soprano and SpyKi like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.