Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 653

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Kuri44

2. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I’m definitely going to have to watch the original Candyman soon. Excited for all things Jordan Peele though!

3. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Watched the original Shutter last night and was deeply underwhelmed. I didn't hate it at all but considering the reputation that it has as being really scary, I just didn't find myself to be scared even slightly.

4. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Cory, Joe and zigbigwig like this.
  5. Guess who just bought Hereditary on DVD? This dummy right here.

6. Candyman is a stone cold classic! I feel confident the new version will be doing some very interesting things as well.

Also, really wish their was a release date in that Cursed Films trailer!

7. From the EW article.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  8. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Saw The Lodge yesterday. some logical things i'm not sure stick with me in regards to the set up, but the experience of the movie as a whole was quite something. i really liked it, but boy i didn't feel good afterwards haha.

9. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Cameron, Anthony_Soprano and mad like this.
  10. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Wish we got a good shot of Todd but otherwise that trailer looks great!

11. Kuri44

Idk how I feel based off that trailer, but I’m still definitely gonna see this. I saw a comment where someone was saying they think it’ll be similar to NOES 2, where candyman will use Yahya’s characters body as a vehicle back into this world. Here’s the comment: “ I'm getting some strong A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge vibes from the trailer. Seems like Candyman is trying to use the artist's body as a vehicle back into our world. As more people fall victim to Candyman he gets stronger and begins to manifest himself physically through the artist. We'll probably see Tony Todd through flashback scenes and in the artist's reflection. I'm interested to know if they'll retell the whole story of Daniel Robitalle or just jump right in like a true sequel.” That’s a pretty good possible prediction imo

12. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Something of note that I didn’t realize until I saw it pointed out elsewhere, Yahya is playing a grownup baby Anthony

13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

The woman at the 1:09 mark looks like Virginia Madsen but she's not credited in the movie

14. -deleted-

-

I'm so happy they have Todd returning. A legend of horror to me.

15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I watched the original as a kid and didn’t find it scary at all. It’s basically a ripoff of bloody mary (which I find creepier). That trailer didn’t really change my mind

16. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The whole concept is pretty absurd and undercooked, but once it gets to the twist, it really went off-the-rails bad.

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I saw Candyman for the first time last year, and it was legit unsettling. Can’t wait to see what JP brings.

Aaron Mook and Anthony_Soprano like this.
  18. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Finally watched Midsommar today as I was home with the flu. I’m blaming the movie for my fever spiking up to 103.2° right after

19. Jake Gyllenhaal

I’ve said this before in the Midsommar thread, Florence got nominated for the wrong movie at the Oscars, her performance as a grieving person was scary good. Same goes for Toni Collette in Hereditary

BirdPerson, chewbacca110 and airik625 like this.
  20. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Toni Collette was fucking robbed by the academy and I’ll always die on this hill

chewbacca110 and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  21. -deleted-

-

Just left The Invisible Man. A few rough patches with some in the moment character decisions, but overall solid.

zigbigwig likes this.
  22. Not here for the Candyman slander smh

23. Jake Gyllenhaal

I feel like the trailer gave away too much, like she killed him, right?

Cameron likes this.
  24. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

well, if the trailer didn't, you're about to

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.