Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 651

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I saw Child's Play when I was like 6 or 7 (my sister was also watching and was like 4) and while it terrified me (and her both) and I thought a doll was running down the hallway trying to kill me all the time, I still loved it and it kind of sparked my love for horror.

2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Fire in the Sky also scared me to death where I thought aliens were outside my house

jkauf, chewbacca110 and Cory like this.
  3. -deleted-

-

Halloween. I would imagine Michael in every dark corner of every room and/or appearing in every doorway until I was probably at least 13.

4. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Fire in the Sky for me too. That eye needle scene still gets me

5. razorburn

Trusted

A Nightmare on Elm Street. I couldn't sleep comfortably for weeks.

6. Drew Baldy

Trusted

I know it's generic, but Jaws kept me out of the ocean for a while.

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  7. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Scream for me. The fact that I was just two average guys as the killer really freaked me out

8. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

original IT was mine. the scene in the library where Tim Curry was making noise and no one else was hearing it terrified me.

i always thought about what i would do if something like that happened to me.

9. Jake Gyllenhaal

I had trouble sleeping the night after I saw it, considering these were two guys only a few years older than me doing these horrific murders

Anthony_Soprano and Jake W like this.
  10. zigbigwig

also I saw Bad Samaritan the other day.

if you, like me, were under the impression that David Tennant can do no wrong then this movie is proof that is false.

The first half was decent but then it just becomes a mess towards the end at that point you just want it to end but you’ve invested so much already so you just can’t stop watching

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  11. drewinseries

Drew

My mom watched Darkness Falls with me when I was like 11, where the first scene is the young boys mother being killed by the thing that only lives in darkness...

Honestly I'm grateful for my mothers love for horror and how it imbued on me, but that was a rough year haha.

12. The Sixth Sense is another great answer, the cupboard scene terrified me as a kid (and my version was taped off TV).

Conversely, I've always loved that Beetlejuice scene. That movie definitely had a hand in sparking my love for horror-comedy and practical effects

13. Kuri44

All of these: IT, Candyman, The Exorcist, The Blair Witch Project The Sixth Sense.

I have a really big/extended family (my second grade family tree was definitely the longest in the class) but to make it as easy as possible, I grew up with my mom and stepdad, along with my 2 sisters, 2 half sisters, step sister, and step brother. and I’m the youngest of all of them, so I grew up watching horror films pretty young and those mentioned above really scared the crap
    out of me. Lol to this day I don’t like sleeping with the fan off cause it looks like the voodoo stick figures from Blair Witch. And for years I was terrified to look in bathroom mirrors cause i was always so tempted to say candyman five times.

I did love Scream though, I remember my parents had to take it away for a while cause I would always want to watch it on the weekends. :-O

14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

He wasn’t even bad in it although the accent slippage was a mess, but wow was that a bad story that completely fell apart.

I was scarred by tons of things, usually movies that weren’t even horror. Anything involving dead animals or even animals in peril messed me up. Lots of other kids movies that had sad stuff also got to me, but I’ve forgotten some of those specifics.

Actual horror was probably It for the earliest memory. I watched it with a friend when I was maybe 7 and tried to play it cool, but I didn’t feel comfortable around drains until I was probably a teenager because of that. Reading the book actually helped conquer my fear of the story quite a bit even though it was so much more intense.

I also watched Trainspotting when I was maybe 12 or 13 and the baby completely terrified me, much more than any of the horror films I was also watching at the time.

zigbigwig likes this.
  15. mad

I was right. Prestigious

My friends and I were the only ones in the theatre when we saw this and it was one of my favourite movie going experiences lol
    such a ridiculous movie

zigbigwig and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  16. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

The original Frankenstein movies scared the shit out of me as a child. I was mortified when he tossed the little girl in the pond.

17. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Signs, that goddamn birthday party alien

18. zigbigwig

He didn’t have much to work with, for sure. I think I was just massively let down because I really like Sheehan and Tennant, and them being together in a movie the results should have been way better.

hahaha that sounds fun

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  19. Not exactly horror... Some stuff from Aronofsky, Refn, and von Trier tend to end up on "Scenes Hardest to Watch" lists but I don't know if I'd consider any of their films particularly traumatic.

I could see one of you saying, "Heh, mother! was traumatic. Because it was so bad." I personally don't think it's bad, it was certainly an interesting experience but not something I'd return to

supernovagirl likes this.
  20. I wouldn't say that because mother! is good

21. Oh man, this is a big one

supernovagirl likes this.
  22. Usually when it's brought up people hate on it haha

Aaron Mook likes this.
  23. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I think the biggest horror film for me was being an adult

24. Jake Gyllenhaal

counterpoint: Bo Burnham’s Eighth Grade is the scariest movie of the past ten years

25. zigbigwig

yes

watching Eighth Grade was so terrifying. i haven’t seen it again. and I watched Midsommar twice

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.