Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 648

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. wow, still can't believe that's real

thankful to be a part of this timeline, i think?

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  2. I've only ever watched the first three as well. I don't know if I'm excited for this new one, but I'm definitely interested, which is saying a lot.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  3. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

what a time to be alive!

5. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

I really liked Gretel and Hansel. Beautifully shot, the orange/blue composition was maybe a little bit over used, but it looks so good. I enjoyed the the twist of the story. I feel like it’d pair obviously well with The Witch for a double feature night.

Definitely wasn’t what I was expecting. Perkins did an interview talking about how he could run a fairy tale universe with Gretel being the central character encountering various things. Not gonna lie, that had me pretty nervous. But this is far closer to art house horror than some studio horror universe start up.

riotspray, zachmacD and angrycandy like this.
  6. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Hit the nail on the head, exactly what that plays like. Chris Rock just doesn’t have the delivery to be a hardened detective. They even throw in a Sammy J “motha fucka”

7. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Finally saw Ready or Not. That ruled

8. zachmacD

Trusted

I would be so into this if done correctly. The Conjuring universe was such a good idea on paper, but imo the first Conjuring is the only good movie in the entire franchise

9. zachmacD

Trusted

Great movie. My girlfriend, who isn't really into movies, loved it

10. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

My fiance isn't into horror so she didn't want to watch it, but now that I've seen it I think she would love it since it's more of a dark comedy thriller than horror. She liked Cabin in the Woods and this felt similar.

zachmacD likes this.
  11. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

After seeing Gretel and Hansel, I could see Oz doing a unique job with it and I’d be down. But once it got out of his hands, I’d see it going down a more digestible route with other directors.

we don’t to worry about it tho, as it sounds like GH didn’t perform very well, so sequels will be quite unlikely despite the ending leaving it wide open for them.

zachmacD likes this.
  12. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Finally got my first horror film watched from this year and out of the three that have been released so far I gave the one with the better reviews a shot and that was Underwater which I actually rather enjoyed. Nothing spectacular or all that original given it is a mish-mash of several other films but it felt to me like a modern version of one of those creature features from the fifties which with me being of fan of such films made it entertaining overall.

13. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Villains was a fun little flick.

Night Channels likes this.
  14. I've struggled to get through The Puppet Master series, so I'm jumping forward to The Littlest Reich tonight.

15. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

FROM THE BOOK OF SAW

16. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

I want to see this. I love Monroe. I’ll check out about anything with her. If she can be good in a shit storm like Greta, she’ll be good in anything.

jkauf likes this.
  17. -deleted-

-

Anyone seen The Lodge yet? I wanna go sometime this weekend.

18. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Finally got around to watching Murder Party. The ending was nuts.

BirdPerson and riotspray like this.
  19. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

I thought that came out next weekend. Awesome. Looking forward to this one

20. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone watch Come to Daddy yet?

21. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Is that out? I thought it was just running the festivals right now.

22. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

It's out on VOD

Cory likes this.
  23. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

24. This was also bad lol

25. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Anthony_Soprano and Kuri44 like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.