Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 637

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

It’s real low budget and schlocky, similar to Silent Night Deadly Night.

Kuri44 likes this.
  2. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Anyone else here who enjoys Guillermo del Toro's Mimic?

3. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Saw it opening night back in ‘97 and left the theater disgusted. Haven’t revisited it since

4. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

This Dracula BBC/Netflix special looks pretty awesome.

5. Jake Gyllenhaal

the anecdote about that movie is that del Toro hated making it because of so much studio interference where he compared the production to when his father was kidnapped and held for ransom. He said his father’s kidnapping was less stressful than making Mimic.

Anthony_Soprano and Cameron like this.
  6. secretsociety92

Take that as a no then...

He did at least get to correct some of the studio interference with his directors cut which added an extra six minutes, I personally like it despite its flaws.

7. Kuri44

Better Watch Out is bonkersssssss

yung_ting and Aaron Mook like this.
  8. Cory Dec 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 14, 2019)
    Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Black Christmas was ok. I liked the premise as a vehicle for feminism, but the first act had some pretty cringe worthy dialogue. The second act felt much better. By the end it all just felt super heavy handed. As far as the feminist horror goes, I prefer Revenge and what that did. That could also be the point of the heavy handedness tho, that I’m just another male complaining the movie is making too much noise. I’m curious what others thought.

Far far far more disappointing tho, they had a preview for the new Invisible Man movie beforehand and it’s going to give away the entire damn movie. Revealed so much, I’m super bummed.

9. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Holy hell the stories that Joe Bob and Darcy the Mail Girl told at the end of tonight's special were bonkers. Darcy has had quite the life

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  10. Mason

Regular

Agreed. I was pretty excited for Invisible Man but that trailer literally gave away the entire movie. Such a disappointment.

11. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Just watched the original Black Christmas. What a fantastic film. Everything from performances to script to one of the best, most mysterious villains ever.

estebanwaseaten, BirdPerson and Kiana like this.
  12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

13. MrDaveH

Regular

I also recommend Revenge but raise you Cold Hell.

14. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

The exorcist 3 nod was super rad.
    I haven’t seen that one, I’ll give it a look!

15. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Don’t forget about Better Watch Out this holiday season.

Aaron Mook and estebanwaseaten like this.
  16. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Black Christmas (2019) was decent. Just feel like there was so much more they could have done with it.

17. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I keep hearing about her story but I haven't gotten to it yet. I tried to do it as it aired on Friday but missed the beginning of Black Christmas and then went back Saturday and did the Jack Frost segment (wow). Hopefully will finish it up this week.

BirdPerson likes this.
  18. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yes please

20. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Excited for half that announcement. I didn’t care for Ready or Not

21. Kuri44

This may be a longshot, but do y’all know what movie it is where the mom says “Andale Andale” from her car (and a few other times I think). It’s like from the 80’s or early 90’s and she gets into an argument with her daughter (main character). I wanna say it’s from one the the F13’s or NOES’s but I can’t remember.

a friend wanted to know which movie that was cause I sent a video of that scene back in October but can’t find it anywhere on my phone

22. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Most comedy-horrors really aren't my thing but I really loved ready or not.

23. Jake Gyllenhaal

You’re gonna have to give more details

24. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like this maybe?
    Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors Script - transcript from the screenplay and/or Heather Langenkamp and Patricia Arquette movie

Kuri44 likes this.
  25. secretsociety92

Just rented the original Black Christmas off Amazon as it was only 99p, might watch that tonight.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.