Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 635

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

All caught up on Castle Rock season 2. I skipped season 1, only picked up this season because I’m such a fan of both Misery and Lizzy Caplan. I’ve found it pretty entertaining. I like the little Easter eggs they drop through out the series. I really wish I enjoyed reading King more as I’m sure I’m missing out on more than few others.

2. Cameron, Jake W and Anthony_Soprano like this.
  3. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

There's also an American remake in the works isn't there

QueSuertejazz likes this.
  4. Ya it hasn't started filming yet, that I know of. Going to be directed by Gary Dauberman, writer of the IT movies, The Nun, and Annabelle Comes Home, and he directed the latter.

Jake W likes this.
  5. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Not to reignite the whole Exorcist debate but this arrived in the post today

9dCYTnqD.jpg

6. QueSuertejazz

Regular Supporter

I LOVE the 3rd exorcist. It’s actually my favorite in the series.

That’s some killer artwork.

secretsociety92 likes this.
  7. secretsociety92

Same here, wish there was a poster available because I also love the artwork. The third release in a row that Arrow Video have nailed after An American Werewolf In London and Robocop.

8. As someone who "isn't a horror fan"...

While Midsommar, The Nightingale, The Lighthouse, and Us are perhaps better, I think Doctor Sleep is my favorite horror movie of the year. It's definitely the most conventionally horror-y of the five, but that surprisingly doesn't work against it.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  9. This year's horror comedies deserve their own post. The Dead Don't Die, Zombieland 2, Little Monsters, Ready or Not, and Happy Death Day 2U are all fantastic, just immensely enjoyable.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  10. secretsociety92

I am a horror fan and I preferred Doctor Sleep to Midsommar and Us, yet to see the other two, so you aren't off the mark liking it the most from this year.

11. QueSuertejazz

Regular Supporter

The Head Hunter is streaming on Shudder.

This movie is AWESOME. It's like a minimalistic, horror Skyrim. The setting is absolutely awesome, just be aware that the film was made on a budget of $30,000, so a lot of the fighting/action takes place off screen for the first half, but the movie doesn't suffer because of this.

edit: Shudder is easily one of the best streaming services available.

12. secretsociety92

Got the chance to see Gremlins at the cinema tonight so naturally, I went in a Gremlins Christmas themed t-shirt and I really loved the experience of seeing it on the big screen especially since at this time of the year it is a film I always watch. 12UkY_wr.jpg

13. My favorite Christmas movie:heart:

secretsociety92 likes this.
  14. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Anna and the Apocalypse was a blast.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  15. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

16. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Aaron Mook and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  17. (And let us not forget The New Batch. And my pitch for Gremlins 3. Amen.)

18. Jake Gyllenhaal

[​IMG]

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Gremlins 2 is perfect

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  20. Jake Gyllenhaal

21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  22. Jake Gyllenhaal

I haven’t seen much of Key & Peele but when I heard about this one I checked it out and it’s crazy. Leonard Maltin has said multiple times in podcasts when he started out as a professional critic he made it a point not to befriend actors/directors as to not clout judgement on reviewing movies but happened to befriend Joe Dante. Unfortunately he gave a negative review to the first Gremlins cuz he thought it was too mean-spirited. Dante didn’t take it personally so he invited Maltin to cameo in The New Batch to give a verbatim review of the original and then get devoured by Gremlins.

Cameron and estebanwaseaten like this.
  23. Jake Gyllenhaal

Finally got F13 parts 2 & 3 from Waxwork today... now all I need is 5 & 6

3DB2A777-D1DB-4309-9120-85955B184885.jpeg

24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Any buzz on the new Black Christmas? Reviews?

25. Jake Gyllenhaal

Considering there's no reviews on RT, I'm guessing no press screenings before it opens, which is usually not a good sign

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.