Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 634

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Yo I took a chance on a movie I knew nothing about tonight and landed on Nekrotronic? It is a fucking BLAST.

bradsonemanband and Kuri44 like this.
  2. Kuri44

gonna try to check this out tonight

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  3. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I loved Wyrmwood and that’s really the only thing that brought me to Nekrotronic. It’s like Ghostbusters meets The Matrix/Tron with some cheese and gore. V surprised to see Monica Belucci tbh.

4. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Haha, yea that’s what I assume so I haven’t touched it. But I thought that maybe if someone popped up and said otherwise I’d reconsider.

5. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I just watched the new Jacob’s Ladder and it was... not good. I have not watched the original though.

6. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

that’s sad to hear

the original is great

7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

They changed a huge amount of the story and then basically dumped it as a straight to streaming release, so it’s not much of a loss. It was always a strange choice to remake even if done well. Makes me want to watch the original again though.

estebanwaseaten and angrycandy like this.
  8. zachmacD

Trusted

Just picked up Pet Sematary 2019 and The Shining in Blue Ray 4K for $23 from Best Buy.

Very excited to dig into the special features

9. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Watched In the Mouth of Madness last night after a three-week lull in avoiding horror films after the huge amount I watched in October and while the first half is far better than the second half it is easily the best post-eighties film from John Carpenter I've seen. Granted there are only two others I've seen in the form of the god awful Escape from L.A. and the practically unwatchable Ghosts of Mars, the former of which put me off watching Carpenter's nineties or newer films for a long time.

chewbacca110 and estebanwaseaten like this.
  10. Asked for both that and Prince of Darkness for Christmas, having never seen either

secretsociety92 likes this.
  11. zachmacD

Trusted

Finally got around to watching The Green Inferno last night since its on Netflix. Despite the bad reviews, I actually liked it more than I thought i would. Not great acting or anything but the situation they were in is more terrifying to me than most horror movies nowadays. The first kill was absolutely brutal and my body felt cold afterwards.i can’t believe some people wanted more gore

12. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Session 9 is on Shudder. Good one, if you've never seen it

Joe, mad and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Aaron Mook likes this.
  14. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Watching the original Black Christmas. The phone calls are going to give me nightmares. Jesus.

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I hated Session 9 for the most part. The last ten minutes were cool tho.

Anthony_Soprano and Kiana like this.
  17. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Jess is such an underrated horror queen

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

You know what they say, Keir Dullea, gone tomorrow.

19. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I always forget that the exorcist opens in Iraq and for several minutes I fear that it's actually the exorcist: the beginning and I flip out cause I'm not ABOUT to watch that kid get eaten by hyenas again. I swear it's why I have an irrational fear of flesh eating animals to this day.

20. CapnJazzHandz

Regular Supporter

[​IMG]

One of my favorite comic series. I have high hopes. Hopes that will most likely be crushed.

Cory, Colby Searcy and Jake W like this.
  21. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Fuck yes

22. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Oh fuck yeah, guess I need to finally finish the comic before February

QueSuertejazz likes this.
  23. GBlades

Trusted

Really looking forward to Locke & Key, I just hope they capture that essence that the comic grabs you with.

24. CapnJazzHandz

Regular Supporter

I feel like the show will either succeed or fail for me based on the atmosphere and the effects. That head key looks pretty great in the poster, so I have hope...?

YES, YOU DO! The series only gets weirder and weirder (in a good way).

Colby Searcy likes this.
  25. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I got to Omega Issue #1 but it had been years in between reading the rest so I really just need to read them all back to back.

And then listen to the Audiobook

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.