Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 630

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. mad

I was right. Prestigious

really enjoying Marianne so far
    my only complaint is they got my hopes up by giving Emma a Cameron Esposito haircut but only male love interests

chewbacca110 and estebanwaseaten like this.
  2. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Ah ok, well hopefully I will enjoy both seasons which I will eventually get around too along with the film.

OotyPa likes this.
  3. mad

I was right. Prestigious

yung_ting likes this.
  4. yung_ting Nov 10, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 10, 2019)
    yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

that looks like extremely my shit, thanks

mad likes this.
  5. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

yeah that looks weird af

into it

mad likes this.
  6. mad

I was right. Prestigious

apparently Robert Eggers wanted the director to do some of the marbling (shown briefly in the trailer, probably one of my favourite things in the movie) for The Lighthouse. he didn't end up going for it cuz he wanted it to be unique to The Crescent.

yung_ting likes this.
  7. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I loved Doctor Sleep and it’s such a shame it’s flopping

8. zachmacD

Trusted

Has anyone heard any more about the It chapters 1 and 2 combined cut the director was talking about putting out? I’d love to pick that up

9. zachmacD

Trusted

It really is a shame. Great movie. I may go see it again before it’s out of theaters

10. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

SAME

mad likes this.
  11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Is the Producer's Cut streaming anywhere?

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

13. 333 GANG

ACAB

I’m interested. Looks fun enough to me.

14. JamesGBoswell

Author

One thing I've noticed is that there's a spectrum when it comes to comfort levels with ambiguity as a plot device in horror. Some people prefer the very ambiguous, creeping, growing dread of films such as Witch and Hereditary while others prefer the explicit, in-your-face, "I'm going to kill you right now with this knife I'm holding in my hand"-sort of unambiguous terror like in slasher films. I fall almost completely on the side of the former; I don't want to see what the monster looks like or even know if there's really a monster there at all, I just want to be afraid that there could be a monster and believe it's probably horrible, if so. What about you?

15. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

I’m fine with either, it’s all about the effectiveness of the film. Do either of them, just do it well. Lame answer I know haha

16. 333 GANG

ACAB

Nah, you summarized my thoughts perfectly haha

secretsociety92 likes this.
  17. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I would lean towards that ambiguous creeping dread and haunting mystery, but yeah I agree with Cory. It depends on the movie itself and how it is carried out. I think there is also something to be said for mood (at least for me). Sometimes I want a slow burn that is dark and brooding and ambiguous but other times I just want something obvious and explicit where I know exactly what I'm gonna get.

18. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

..And on that note I watched Maniac (1980) last night. Very gritty and dirty, reminded me of Henry in some ways. Savini is a god too.

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Finally finishing Channel Zero season two today. I forgot just how much of it I saw when it first aired. Thought it was only the first half but I think I saw it all except the finale. The first few episodes are SO much better than the rest.

Jake W likes this.
  20. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Yeah season 2 really falls off. Easily my least favourite season

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m excited to finally watch the last two. Didn’t realize Steven Weber was in four until recently.

22. S3 is probably my favorite Channel Zero season, but S2 is 2nd. John Carroll Lynch is so good.

Contender likes this.
  23. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

1 > 4 > 3 > 2

Think this is largely depend on which premise you prefer tbh

michael_gatto likes this.
  24. Kuri44

The first two seasons of channel zero are the only ones worth watching.

25. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Season 3 is my favorite, those staircases were cool as hell imo

Joe likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.