Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 613

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  2. zachmacD

Trusted

Just watched My Friend Dahmer. One of the more uncomfortable movies I've seen in a while

3. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Wax House, Baby

4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

My younger sister hates horror but grew up on some of them with me. The gym she goes to has a screening room for movies and they play random stuff. She texted me this yesterday.

45E1793F-F91F-4025-BB7D-71A8D2F23201.jpeg

5. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

If anyone's looking for good horror television as opposed to movies, "Evil" is a really good show about demonic possession and religious skepticism. I'm as wary of shows on the big four networks as anyone, but this definitely falls on the "Hannibal" side of things in terms of being extremely dark and also extremely weird. I checked it out because Indiewire and Vulture were giving it surprisingly strong reviews and its def been worth it. The most recent episode (#4) is one of the most casually fucked up things I've seen in a while. (It's not as gorgeous as "Hannibal" — not much is — but the performances are quite strong and there are some legit scares.)

The only drawback is that the CGI is sometimes wonky (I imagine the show's budget isn't super high), but it just got picked up for season two, so maybe that'll improve in the future.

BirdPerson and Colby Searcy like this.
  6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Is that streaming anywhere besides their service?

7. Slangster

Not sure. I have Youtube TV so I just tape it when it airs.

8. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

My wife and I are definitely enjoying it. Not amazing by any means but enjoyable.

All 4 episodes released are free through the CBS app currently

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh cool, I thought their app was only for all access.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  10. Slangster

Yeah. I'm hoping that like a lot of good network shows they eventually ditch the case of the week format and focus on whatever is happening with Michael Emerson's character. He's so good at being a creep.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  11. Kuri44

watching The Beyond right now and the tarantula scene Gave me shivers, then i thought i felt something on my foot and scared myself.

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  12. 333 GANG

ACAB

Finished Overlord. I loved everything about that.

secretsociety92 and jkauf like this.
  13. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Dang I heard that Evil is pretty damn good but my bitter ass is still waiting for my Silence adaptation from Bryan

14. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I'm gonna watch it but again, so bitter that I don't get to see my murder husbands 3 faces ahead in Argentina

15. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Decided to try out another film directed by Hideo Nakata after being really impressed by Ring and though Dark Water isn't quite as good it was nonetheless unsettling, engrossing, tense and really well shot as it makes superb use of very limited locations.

On another note, while checking to see how much the film was on Arrow Video I noticed that they have a Halloween special offer on at the moment with several films only being £5 (not sure if it is an offer available elsewhere) but such classics as Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Hills Have Eyes, The Stuff and The People Under The Stairs are all worth far more than that.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Joe and 333 GANG like this.
  17. I knew it got bad reviews, I figured it would at least be kinda fun, but GODDAMN Blumhouse's Truth or Dare sucks lol the actor playing the police officer/father is so bad

currytheword and michael_gatto like this.
  18. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Watching Halloween II right now, the innocent kid in the Michael Myers mask killed in the car crash fucked me up as a kid watching it

19. michael_gatto

Trusted

it ends with a YouTube video... I was baffled when I saw that in theaters.

20. fuck

21. 333 GANG

ACAB

Joe, secretsociety92 and zigbigwig like this.
  22. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Fulci ftw

23. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

One episode of Marianne and I am full in.

24. mad

I was right. Prestigious

watched Creep last night. that mask will haunt me.

25. 333 GANG

ACAB

Oddly enough, I also watched this for the first time last night. That ending was something else.

mad likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.