Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 612

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Just turned on The Ritual, friends said it was pretty good

2. 333 GANG

ACAB

I liked it well enough!

3. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Watched 28 Days Later last night and it was just as violent, engrossing and tense as I remember all the while having a lot of sadness and hope in equal measure. It is still my favourite Boyle film and I hope he does a planned third one as I did like 28 Weeks Later but felt that was lacking in characters to be truly engrossing and memorable so hopefully he brings that aspect back again.

BirdPerson and zachmacD like this.
  4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I just didn’t think that was a good movie. Have similar feelings about Splice. Both were disappointing and I guess that’s why I remember them pretty well.

5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yes! Everything had appliqués or patches or designs! It was awful! Lol.

BirdPerson likes this.
  6. zachmacD

Trusted

You can skip the first Annabelle movie and Comes Home. The second one is the only one worth watching

7. zachmacD

Trusted

Just watched the Conjuring 2 last night for 1st time since I saw it in theaters.

Am I the only one who thinks the only good movie in the Conjuring universe is the first one? I remember after seeing the 1st one, I checked my back seat before getting in my car because i was so freaked out.

The Conjuring 2 was pretty scary until they introduced the Crooked man. I just thought that was dumb.

8. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Got some horror trivia at a movie theaters bar tonight.

333 GANG likes this.
  9. Well yeah, it was a bad movie, but I was still uneasy the entire time. Some people are afraid of clowns. I'm afraid of creepy kids. So yeah, this movie was a nightmare, haha.

10. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Jake W likes this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Who asked for this

12. michael_gatto

Trusted

I don't know why this is being made but with Nicolas Pesce involved it might turn out cool

yung_ting likes this.
  13. Would also like to add that while I love Charlize and enjoyed her in this, it's Allison Janney's perfectly over the top performance that won me over.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  14. BackyardHero11

Trusted

15. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

It was good! Enjoyed it quite a bit

also watched the Witch finally too and that movie was a trip

Aaron Mook likes this.
  16. secretsociety92 Oct 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 23, 2019)
    secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Finally got round to watching one of the few notable Vincent Price films that have lingered on my watchlist for a while now in the form of the Witchfinder General which was surprising in not only how good it was but also the tone which is remarkably detached from what Price usually does as it is far more violent, dark, grounded in realism and lacks some of the more lighthearted elements from his work before and after its release. Now granted that was somewhat jarring when watching it given that isn't what I was used to with other films that have Price in a leading role and though there are some elements, mostly linked to a scene that depicts sexual abuse and the poorly written female characters, that I wasn't on board with as it felt tacky the rest of the film was excellent.

That makes it my 18th Vincent Price film I have seen this year and to be honest all of them are worth a watch.

17. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Really not liking Channel Zero season 2 as much season 1

18. 333 GANG

ACAB

Got halfway through Overlord before having to leave to go do a Halloween themed escape room and absolutely loved it. Can’t wait to peep the back half when I get home later.

michael_gatto likes this.
  19. flask

Trusted Supporter

Is overlord streaming anywhere? Heard it was pretty decent.

20. JustWatch says it's streaming on EPIX, which I'm guessing almost nobody has haha.

I really enjoyed Overlord. It's a fun time.

21. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Amazon Prime on 11/1

BirdPerson, flask and Joe like this.
  22. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Has anyone seen the new Creepshow TV show?

23. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Watching Wax Mask
    Did House of Wax rip this off?

24. yung_ting

Trusted

I was also against the Grudge reboot until I knew Pesce was at the helm, hopefully he’ll have enough creative freedom to make it interesting

25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

You have that backwards.

EDIT: Meaning @BirdPerson. They’re both remakes of House of Wax.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.