Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 611

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

i was listening to a podcast that recommended it. from the title i thought it was a talk show about horror or something so i ignored it lol

Colby Searcy and Jake W like this.
  2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I never saw the last two but I’m going to now. It was criminally underrated when it first came out. Paul Schneider was so good in season one.

3. zachmacD

Trusted

That's awesome! I want to watch it again but I don't know if I can stomach it

4. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Watched Gaspar Noe's Climax last night and I can't stop thinking about it. It has its own thread but deserves to be brought up here. It was terrifying IMO.

michael_gatto likes this.
  5. zachmacD

Trusted

I finally got to see Crawl and it was...disappointing. I usually love these kinds of movies and I did enjoy it but you really have to turn your brain off to get into it.

Not really Horror related but my brother brought over In Bruges the other night and holy shit, what an amazing movie. I've been watching so many horror movies I forgot what it felt like to watch a really great movie lol

6. Zombieland 2 was fun. Happy Death Day 2U functioned better as a sequel for a movie that didn't need one, but Double Tap had juuust enough new elements to keep things fresh while delivering basically more of the same old goodness. Rosario Dawson's role alone is enough to justify this movie's existence; the other new characters were pretty hit or miss for me. It's kind of funny that, of the main cast, Abigail is the only one who looks like she's aged. But yeah, surprising how good it was to see these characters again.

Stay through the credits.

333 GANG, Cory and michael_gatto like this.
  7. MrDaveH

Regular

I have this already and haven't watched it yet. I backed the Indiegogo and they sent me the link on Friday.
    I'll let you guys know after I finally get around to it.

secretsociety92 likes this.
  8. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

is Piercing worth a watch?

9. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

I enjoyed it, it’s based on a story from the same author that wrote Audition. Didn’t blow my mind but has a unique visual style and goes some interesting places

angrycandy likes this.
  10. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Hope it is good, especially since knowing that it is would certainly motivate me to get the money together before the deadline arrives.

11. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

We watched like the first 2-3 episodes of Channel Zero: Candle Cove and kinda forgot about it. Been wanting to binge it lately but can't find it streaming

12. Addams Family was delightful! And omgosh I totally forgot Elsie was in it, and I saw her promoting it on Fallon and everything!

A little on the nose, but eh, it's a kids' movie, they probably don't know what "assimilation" means hahaha

13. michael_gatto

Trusted

Came in here to say this basically. Watched it tonight and was just in shock and awe the whole time. Wasn't sure if it's considered a horror movie, but holy fuck it made me so anxious.

OotyPa likes this.
  14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

two questions for anyone who unlike me knows more than two and half things about horror:

- I never saw any of the annabelle movies, so would it be ok for me to go into Creation without seeing the first one?
    - I have most of the Saw movies on demand for free until november. Are any of them good besides Saw 1?

15. michael_gatto

Trusted

I really like the Saw films. I think 1 is close to a masterpiece and 2 and 3 round out a pretty good trilogy. 4 and 5 are alright, but start getting a little meh and then 6 and 7 are kind of bad but entertaining for the kills imo.

Serh and Colby Searcy like this.
  16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

thanks a ton. you got any word about annabelle creation

17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

NTR

We watched Ernest Scared Stupid. It was my wife's first time seeing it. She loved it.

18. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Pretty sure I'm gonna be Ernest for Halloween. I just need the jean vest

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I was Ernest for Halloween in 1995. You have no idea how hard it was to find a plain denim vest that would fit a tiny girl.

20. Fuck I hate Orphan so much! Just watched it and I’ve decided to never have kids.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  21. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I cant get over that overhead dance scene and the way it devolves. Its truly brilliant. At a certain point, i almost forgot there were dancers and was hypnotized by the shadows moving in the circle.

michael_gatto likes this.
  22. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

That hard in 1995? Strange ha

chewbacca110 likes this.
  23. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Also, it's a Scream night in the BP household

24. michael_gatto

Trusted

so far I've only seen Annabelle Comes Home, but from my understanding I think all 3 of the Annabelle films are kind of standalone with the only real thing linking them is Annabelle so I don't think it matters the order. Also I think Annabelle creation is supposed to be a prequel, so you should be safe.

Serh likes this.
  25. michael_gatto

Trusted

That happened to me a lot during it. The entire upside down shot throughout the dance floor felt like a trance. It was wild. My head still hurts

OotyPa likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.