Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 610

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Hope I can afford this in time but this four-hour-plus documentary on horror films from the eighties called In Search of Darkness looks pretty epic but is sadly only available for the rest of this month.

In Search of Darkness

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

any time I see a jump scare in a trailer I'm like how dare you and absolutely the fuck not , it's so manipulative and freaks me out every time haha

3. secretsociety92

Putting such a thing in a trailer is a sure sign of a bad movie, never mind the fact we seem to have had the whole film squeezed into less than three minutes so the rest of it must be extremely dragged out.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  4. secretsociety92

5. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Just did and it’s bad.

yung_ting likes this.
  6. michael_gatto

Trusted

Just finally watched Tigers Are Not Afraid and wow that was real good.

7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Watched the new Child’s Play for the first time and had a blast with it. I enjoyed the last one also.

8. 333 GANG

ACAB

Watching Hereditary for the first time. Ready to not sleep at all tonight.

9. Crawl was fun!

10. Little Monsters was great. Lupita for horror queen 2019.

11. 333 GANG

ACAB

My thoughts on Hereditary, as seen on my ig story

2FAE4881-0451-4B71-BF45-CFDA00A08A94.png

12. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I ended up watching the entire first season of Channel Zero last night lol. I liked it.

13. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yes! this was so fun, and Lupita is everything!

bradsonemanband likes this.
  14. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yesterday was such a perfect rainy day so I just recovered from the weekend, watched Little Monsters, then in honor of Bela Lugosi's birthday, watched The Black Cat on TCM. then closed out the evening with a favorite classic, John Carpenter's The Fog.

which speaking of The Fog. There was a 4k restoration of it that went into the theatres, but any physical 4k copy I've seen of it seems to be Region 2 and won't play in the US. I've been unable to find anything about it, because the advertisements for release never said anything but only specific areas.

airik625 likes this.
  15. secretsociety92

Yeah, that along with a few other John Carpenter films were released over here in the UK as collector editions last year and then, later on, they were sold just on their own without any of the physical extras.

16. BackyardHero11

Trusted

damn, that's really unfortunate. I guess i'll get the steelbook blu-ray then.

17. secretsociety92

Yeah, it is annoying when films a region-locked which is the case for several films I really want but can't afford to buy a Blu-ray player that plays all regions. Also annoyed that I missed out on the collector editions of The Fog and They Live as they look great but they are now selling for nearly £200 each.

81hPKdI4I1L._SL1500_.jpg

91SresK-UnL._SL1500_.jpg

18. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yeah I remembered these versions coming out but didn't go for them because they wouldn't play on anything and didn't have a digital copy even, perhaps that was a dumb move on my part as the packaging and extras would have been worth it alone... fingers crossed they offer US versions, but I won't hold my breath. really want those posters.

secretsociety92 likes this.
  19. secretsociety92

I'm a sucker for collector editions and physically owning films generally so I know how you feel not being able to get the ones you want.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  20. BackyardHero11

Trusted

currytheword likes this.
  21. Speaking of books, I just picked up Paperbacks From Hell yesterday and it looks awesome. Nice collection of 70s and 80s horror paperbacks cover art, story summaries, and interviews with authors from that era

22. currytheword

Trusted

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Been slacking this year:

Evil Dead(original)
    Ghost Stories
    Trick r Treat
    The VVitch
    Scream

Colby Searcy and zigbigwig like this.
  24. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Evil Dead remake was playing above the bar at Revolution Brewery on Saturday night and it was physically moving people. I tweeted at them and they said that they started off their limited release party with Dead By Dawn.

zachmacD likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.