Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 609

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. zachmacD

Trusted

Got to see an American werewolf in London in the theaters last night. I forgot how much I love that movie

Cameron and secretsociety92 like this.
  2. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Has anybody seen the Banana Splits Movie?

Aaron Mook and Contender like this.
  3. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Unfortunately Dracula: Prince of Darkness made for a disappointing watch and isn't anywhere near as good as the first film. The first half has little about it that is enjoyable, certainly featuring nothing we haven't seen before. The second half picks up a little bit with Christopher Lee finally making an appearance but he has absolutely no lines so is little more than one of those people who are dressed up while working on a haunted rollercoaster ride, features a few decent thrills, a couple of okay supporting performances and it at least doesn't copy the ending from the first film but it is seriously lacking in other areas while the lack of Peter Cushing is not only evident but also damaging.

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Every movie without Peter Cushing suffers from it.

Also I didn’t expect Channel Zero to still be censored on Shudder. Is that the case for a lot of their stuff?

secretsociety92 likes this.
  5. zachmacD

Trusted

Watched the Meg this morning and I’m about to watch crawl.

God, The Meg could’ve been so much better if they made it Rated R and stuck to the source material. So disappointing

Brother Beck likes this.
  6. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Yessss

7. michael_gatto

Trusted

I watched it. It's fun, gory but ultimately kind of dumb but if you're into that it's a good watch.

8. Colby Searcy

I haven't watched a horror movie in a long while so I think I'll give it a shot

9. 333 GANG

ACAB

Zombieland 2 was an absolute blast. Tons of fun.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  10. secretsociety92

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but it looks awful, basically an app version of Ring.

11. michael_gatto

Trusted

Saw Zombieland 2 tonight and really enjoyed it!
    Looks real dumb, but it will undoubtedly be something I see on my theaters discount day.

333 GANG likes this.
  12. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

It looks so bad I know I have to see it

333 GANG likes this.
  13. Colby Searcy

I thought it looked good :shrug:

14. I've got Crawl, Truth or Dare, and The Cheerleader Massacre lined up. Gonna be a dumb fun day.

zigbigwig, Contender and 333 GANG like this.
  15. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Last night I watched the nun, the ring, happy death day, and the Chernobyl pilot. All of them showed suicides, almost all hangings. It was a v depressing coincidence

Colby Searcy likes this.
  16. Colby Searcy

Where is HDD streaming?

17. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

HBO. Taking advantage of my sister forgetting to cancel her trial of HBO on Amazon prime. They have the sequel too. Is that one good?

18. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Sequel is a lot of fun!

333 GANG likes this.
  19. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Has anybody watched Wounds yet? Hear it’s a p big step down from Under the Shadow but still want to check it out

20. currytheword

Trusted

Will see this if not only for Tom Segura.

jkauf likes this.
  21. secretsociety92

No, but now it is on my radar I will try and watch it if it becomes available though I'd say using Under the Shadow as a comparison is a bit unfair considering that film is practically perfect.

22. currytheword

Trusted

Watched In The Tall Grass late last night and it was meh.

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Might do the It miniseries today. It’s kind of rainy and quiet and I could go for something nostalgic.

24. secretsociety92 Oct 20, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 20, 2019)
    secretsociety92

Just the one film today and it was another rewatch in the form of House from 1986, mostly because I bought it physically after being impressed enough by it upon first viewing. You would be forgiven for thinking that this would quite a violent and gory horror film when watching the opening credits given that it is directed by Steve Miner and produced by Sean S. Cunningham who both were involved in the Friday the 13th series but this is just as much of a comedy as it is a horror film. Having prior knowledge of that certainly improved my enjoyment of the film over last time all the while allowing me to appreciate the positive aspects all the more which makes this one of the more overlooked original horror films from the eighties while also one of the better films to mix in comedy.

With that watched I am now only one hundred films behind my previous best of 480 in 2017 and well ahead of last year, all by accident honest...

25. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.