Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 601

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

saw II still has some cool moments.

333 GANG likes this.
  2. 333 GANG

ACAB

Saw had some clunkers in the middle, but I still really enjoy the series as a whole. Can’t wait for the next one.

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

4. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Watched Peeping Tom last night which was unfairly criticised and maligned back in the day which is even more unfair when you consider it was released not long before Psycho came out. A fantastic look into the mind of a serial killer that looks superb, has a solid score and Carl Boehm nails the lead role.

5. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yesterday's viewing was with a classic. Went and saw the 35th Anniversary screening of Ghostbusters. it was awesome to finally see this in theatres after it being such a staple growing up. theatre was packed, all ages. the group of little kids had the loudest laughs of everyone, excellent parenting haha.

Cory and secretsociety92 like this.
  6. secretsociety92

Getting the chance to do the same on the 31st, admittedly it will be my first time watching it in full but I'm looking forward to it and can't really think of a better way to watch it for the first time.

7. BackyardHero11

Trusted

absolutely, that's awesome. enjoy!

I've taken so many friends to older film screenings for them to experience it fresh in a theatre.

secretsociety92 likes this.
  8. secretsociety92

It has been the best year yet for re-releases, seen three others so far that I have always wanted to see and can't wait for Ghostbusters.

9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

My wife hasn’t seen them either. We went to Hollywood Horror Nights and she loved the maze, so now we are going watch them. You’re going to love it.

10. secretsociety92

I hope I do as it is one of those well-loved films that just so happens to have past me by for whatever reason so I am looking forward to experiencing it.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It had the bad luck of being before its time in a multitude of ways and coming out just a few years too soon to ride the wave of freer expression in film. The fact that it derailed his career is the worst part, but at least it was reappraised early enough for him to see it appreciated even on a cult level.

12. secretsociety92

That is the thing, it came out only a few months before Psycho and you see zero murders only the moments before and after.

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It was the tremendous focus on sexuality and voyeurism that was the bigger issue, which Psycho had as well of course, but not really to the same level of discomfort and personal involvement. Those elements were always going to be more controversial than just straight up violence. They do make a fun pair for comparing the similarities and yet wildly different public responses.

14. secretsociety92

I guess that explains it but still really harsh to have it ruin the director's career considering how good it is and how much Psycho was well received despite being quite similar and far more violent.

Always amazed me that sex is more of a taboo subject than violence.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh absolutely, it will never cease to upset me. Some great documentaries have gone into detail about the ways sex is judged more harshly than sometimes absolutely brutal violence, or how specific scenes in horror movies upset the censors for sexual content but raised no eyebrows about gore.

16. mad

I was right. Prestigious

currently watching Scream for the first time and so far the scariest thing is the hair
    worst offender is whoever did Courtney Cox’s highlights

Kiana likes this.
  17. mad

I was right. Prestigious

currently watching Scream for the first time and so far the scariest thing is the hair
    worst offender is whoever did Courtney Cox’s highlights

18. Kuri44

Little Monsters is so good

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh man, just you wait. The first is a DREAM compared to other hair forced on her.

20. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

If you happen to make to to Scream 3...

[​IMG]

currytheword, mad and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  21. Kuri44

Also just finished Are You Afraid of The Dark? Season premiere, really enjoyed it! Looking forward to more and hopefully another season

22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I forgot about this!!

Kuri44 likes this.
  23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Bettie Page would never!

Also yes, the new AYAOTD was way better than it had any right to be. Good acting, funny writing, a creepy new main villain, and some really interesting shots. I’m all in.

24. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

new Are You Afraid of the Dark? where is that available?

25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

First episode is on YouTube and just aired officially tonight. I’ve never tried to stream any new Nick shows so I have no idea about availability otherwise.

Kuri44 and zigbigwig like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.