Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

ROTLD is my favorite zombie movie with Fulcis Zombi 2, can't wait for that

2. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Zombi 2 is a GOAT in horror, just a solid flick. Made a drinking game out of it once.

Jakobindeed likes this.
  3. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Did you watch second purge?

4. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Know what you mean, horror streaming is hit or miss based on the site.

5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Yes, enjoyed it quite a bit. No trouble with context either, it didn't seem to have any direct reference to the original

AelNire likes this.
  6. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I think I liked it better than 1 because 2 showed the purge as a whole and not just confined to one family.

7. ChaseTx

Yeah that's the criticism I've heard of the first. That it wasted its premise on just being a home invasion movie

AelNire likes this.
  8. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I still really love Hatchet.

9. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

That movie is so damn entertaining.

AelNire likes this.
  10. Watched Creep today and really, really enjoyed it. Will expand on my thoughts after I've had a little time to sit on it. Until then, it's available on Netflix and only 77 minutes, so go check it out!

ChaseTx, Cameron and AelNire like this.
  11. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

SOOOOOOO good. I was totally creeped out by the end of the movie.

ChaseTx and Aaron Mook like this.
  12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Loved Creep.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

i actually really disliked Creep. it felt like it had absolutely no teeth, and relied too heavily on the one guy putting the other guy in slightly uncomfortable situations. the mask scene and the final scene were superb, but the rest of the movie never felt threatening and did nothing imo to build up to that finale.

14. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who disliked the film. The mask scene was the only one I found entertaining. The final scene felt anticlimactic and missed the the mark for me.

15. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

We Need to Talk About Kevin fucked me up.

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  16. I thought Creep was wholly tense and uncomfortable throughout, at times even making me turn away, and I was always questioning Josef's motives. I also enjoyed that it was such a quick, to-the-point watch.

ChaseTx and AelNire like this.
  17. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

this really was a great movie. I'm looking forward to seeing it again. I'm wondering if more of narrative is explained in the subtleties of environment. Weird paintings, almost like hieroglyphics were scattered around. I'm not sure if the movie was as vague as everyone thinks, but it very well may end being so.

18. Malatesta

i actually loved the final scene because it was the first thing in the movie that i felt took me by surprise (even though it's arguably telegraphed depending on how much you think the film sticks to horror convention, if such a convention even universally exists) and i loved the detachment with which it was filmed. i just wish the preceding 75 minutes had been more subversive or less repetitive (the interaction loop was basically "Mark Duplass says/does something uncomfortable, filmmaker is uncomfortable, Mark Duplass vaguely defuses tension." it needed more variety or nuance to be an appreciated game of cat and mouse for me.

19. Malatesta

i've been meaning to peep this, it's good? I like my horror real fucked up

AelNire likes this.
  20. ChaseTx

My mom was looking for something to watch on Netflix and I mentioned that Creep was good. I didn't mention that it was weird and she did not like it

Aaron Mook likes this.
  21. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Really, really good. Like I said, It fucked me up lol The whole movie felt sinister to me.

22. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Yea I agree with the repetitiveness. After all the film maker went thru, it was inconceivable for me to see him meet Duplass for any reason at all. I remember laughing a bit hearing the ax hit his head like a log, but I felt like it was a pretty clearly foreseeable ending by the time you slogged your way thru the entire movie.

23. I will say him going to meet Josef was my biggest issue with the film.

24. A Flirting Time

Baskin is amateur hour D grade Silent Hill lite

25. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Care to elaborate? That's quite an extreme stance. I'm going to assume you're talking the SH games too and not the horrendous films.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.