Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 586

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Fathom Events is doing an anniversary screening of Alien in October so check to see if that's near you.

2. BackyardHero11

Trusted

i'll definitely be doing one horror movie a day. October 1st is the 4K The Shining screening. so a great kick off. though the days I stay with my brother i'll have to adjust to "family horror", but I'm not mad about that either. not gonna lie, Hotel Transylvania is my jam hahah

3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ll do Under Wraps and Ernest Scared Stupid this week probably. Those always start off my season.

4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

[​IMG]

5. 333 GANG

ACAB

I’m going to try to watch as many horror movies as I can throughout October, but I can’t commit to the one a day schedule. I know there will be a handful of days I won’t have time to watch much of anything, such as Thanksgiving weekend with my family here in a couple weeks.

6. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Yeah I checked and it's a no go haha. Bummer!

7. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Also finally got to see The Funhouse this weekend so I can check that one off of my Hooptober list for this year. The Starz trial turned out to benefit me more than I thought it would.

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Have to see that Alien Fathom event without a doubt.

BackyardHero11 and zachmacD like this.
  9. Jake Gyllenhaal

estebanwaseaten and zachmacD like this.
  10. drewinseries

Drew

Watched Hell House LLC with my mom last night. Not bad, it was a fun time. Nothing amazing though. The bed sheet scene was great.

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  11. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Do yourself a favor and just stop there.

Kuri44 and Aaron Mook like this.
  12. drewinseries

Drew

Yeah, I saw there were two other sequels. But why? I didn't really end the first one thinking I needed more lore/story.

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  13. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Yeah, exactly. They are both very forced. The second one isn't the worst thing ever but still bad and the third is just on another level.

Kuri44 and drewinseries like this.
  14. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

the second one isn’t that bad. it’s fun to watch if you have nothing else to do but there is a dip in quality

saw Malevolent last night and thought it was fun too. It’s not amazing, and it falls flat in a lot of areas but I still enjoyed it. Florence may or may not have been a factor there

Kuri44 likes this.
  15. michael_gatto

Trusted

Went to Best Buy because the store near by me finally restocked the Texas Chainsaw steelbook and I ended up picking up Insidious: Last Key and a Wrong Turn 1-5 collection both pretty cheap. Haven't seen either, hoping for the best.

16. currytheword

Trusted

I had no idea there were FIVE Wrong Turn movies wow.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  17. GBlades

Trusted

So I bought the Uzumaki Deluxe Edition by Junji Ito and am ready to be fucked up all over again.

zigbigwig likes this.
  18. Jake Gyllenhaal

Someone should bring a map for once

19. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

does the movie happen on just one road with 5 turns (so far), and each film they get 1 more turn right than the previous but then fail the next one

the opening scenes for each movie would be hilarious if that were the case

currytheword and 333 GANG like this.
  20. michael_gatto

Trusted

I didn't know 5 of them existed either. I think the only thing I know about that franchise is that Joe Lynch directed one of them and I think Eliza Dushku is in one too?

zachmacD likes this.
  21. I only remember the first two, and I only remember the second one because Henry Rollins is in it lol

Contender, zachmacD and michael_gatto like this.
  22. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

The gore is pretty good in them from what I remember. Everything else is bad lol

23. zachmacD

Trusted

she was in the first one

24. zachmacD

Trusted

Has anyone here seen Planet Terror? I just came across the dvd a couple weeks ago while cleaning our living room. I haven't seen it in years but it's a blast from what I remember

chewbacca110 likes this.
  25. Planet Terror rules

michael_gatto likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.