Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 578

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Sep 19, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 19, 2019)
    Aaron Mook likes this.
  2. currytheword

Trusted

How many times can they do a TCM movie? Feel like the last 4 were the same thing rehashed with a shallow twist sprinkled on. And the one time they threw a rapper in there.

3. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I don't think they care because they still make money

4. Sounds like they're possibly going the Halloween route and making this new one a direct sequel to the original movie.

currytheword likes this.
  5. currytheword

Trusted

So essentially like what the Jessica Beil movie was?

6. Oh, is that what they did with that one? I've only seen the original and the one with Trey Songz for some reason lol.

currytheword likes this.
  7. currytheword

Trusted

I googled it and apparently that one was considered a remake. When I saw it way back when I thought it was meant to be a direct sequel though.

8. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Yeah Hell House 3 was not good. At all.

Kuri44 likes this.
  9. jjnunn118 Sep 19, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 19, 2019)
    jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I feel like Hell House 3 started with some promise, and the first couple scares we’re starting to creep me out... then they said fuck it and made the cheapest movie they could. Effects in the big final set piece were the worst I’ve ever seen.

And this is coming from someone who genuinely liked 2.

Edit: almost forgot that roughly 15% of this movie is fucking flashbacks to the other 2 movies and camera glitch filters

10. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

When the black hooded demons started scurrying around and killing all of the people in attendance (who were dying BADLY) I honestly thought it was a prank or something haha. Like I expected Russell to somehow be behind it and everyone laughs and then something legitimately spooky happens

BirdPerson and jjnunn118 like this.
  11. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

12. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

We're getting a reboot of everything

bradsonemanband likes this.
  13. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Just watched Ma. I Loved It.

14. currytheword

Trusted

I actually do wanna watch Ma again. It’s good enough to say that.

15. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

I fell asleep during Belzebuth haha. It was kind of holding me, but not enough. Parts of it were just too silly. everyone acting like a paranormal investigator at the scene of a mass homicide is totally normal. A little too accepting of the angle. The cops use of a fortune teller being another totally normal thing. I just rolled my eyes at that stuffI’ll probably finish it, but given how everyone is saying the third act really falls apart, I may just skip the rest of it.

16. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Cory, BirdPerson and Cameron like this.
  17. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

yeah its such a weird movie. also hate how when there are extra characters (outside the main cast) in the scene you know something bad is going to happen to them bec the demon obv can’t penetrate plot armor

Cory likes this.
  18. jkauf Sep 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 21, 2019)
    jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

So I forgot to mention in here the other day that I watched La Llorona the other night and oh my god was that awful. They have a spirit entity that has defied the physical limitations of our reality tug-a-war a door knob with the main character.

Kuri44 and Cory like this.
  19. Tbh I didn't think Hell House 2 was very good either

Kuri44 likes this.
  20. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

2 had some good moments but for the amount of foreshadowing it had around Russell, 3 should have been so much tighter

21. Anybody watched Head Count or Two Sentence Horror Stories on Netflix?

22. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Haha. That’s awful. I had heard this was the worst film in the conjuring universe. Kills me that this movie is part of the whole thing. Overall, the conjuring films have been consistently alright with a few gems thrown in. I really hope it doesn’t get watered down with a bunch of generic shit movies that can’t follow their own rules that they establish.

jkauf likes this.
  23. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Worries me that the same guy is doing Conjuring 3.

24. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Thats a conjuring universe film? Yikes. Hope the crooked man ends up better than that or the nun

25. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, the way it gets tied in is as laughable as the movie itself.

Jake W likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.