Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 574

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Was it the original or remake? I've only seen the remake but the fact that most of the violence is done off-screen makes it more disturbing

2. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Both the original and remake are almost shot for the shot the same, main difference being the setting and language. Both are directed by Haneke. I saw the Austrian film first and I remember that one moreso.

3. Jake Gyllenhaal

Yea I knew it mirrored the original by the same guy. Part of the reason why I never bothered with seeing the original. Same thing with The Vanishing but I saw both and I definitely liked the original better

jkauf and estebanwaseaten like this.
  4. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Not familiar with The Vanishing. Just did a quick search and the lighthouse movie with Gerard Butler from 2018 came up.

5. Jake Gyllenhaal

6. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I definitely prefer the original Funny Games.

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  8. Just clicked on a Toni Collette interview, had no idea she's Australian when I was watching Hereditary.

9. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Watch the ‘88 Vanishing, at least first. And if you don’t know anything about it, don’t read up on it.

Also, I didn’t like Ma at all.

SpyKi likes this.
  10. Jake Gyllenhaal

I made the mistake of seeing the remake first

jkauf likes this.
  11. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Anyone else get or do this? I went with it, why not, not getting rid of Shudder any time soon and the shirt looks rad haha

upload_2019-9-12_7-48-33.png upload_2019-9-12_7-49-2.png

12. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Good to know, thanks.

I didn't get any notification, but it should still work if I just re-up now with that code yeah? I also like that shirt.

13. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  14. BackyardHero11

Trusted

15. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I fully support this! haha

16. Jake Gyllenhaal

Never seen an Abbott and Costello movie but was quite bewildered when I saw this tape at my movie rental shop in high school

[​IMG]

Aaron Mook and BackyardHero11 like this.
  17. BackyardHero11

Trusted

hahah wow

18. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

It's done! Starting adding some stuff to my list. I'll just have to figure out where I want to start haha

19. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

upload_2019-9-12_9-27-58.png

20. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yesss haha. yeah there's a lot, but something for everyone, the curated lists are really helpful to get going. some in my recent at a quick glance, The House of the Devil, You Might Be The Killer, Deadtectives, Mayhem, Summer of 84, variety of styles in there

Deanna likes this.
  21. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I would also highly recommend all of the Joe Bob Briggs marathons!

22. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I also really just like that when you turn on Shudder, at least on the Apple TV the first thing is just whatever is on "live" like a regular TV network. sometimes I just role with whatever's on.

23. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

This! The Shudder TV function is very cool. And there's 3 separate channels.

24. Jake Gyllenhaal

I'm paying like $8 a month for Shudder for the last year and I think I've only watched 3 movies and that eli roth horror docu-series

Kuri44 and chewbacca110 like this.
  25. drewinseries

Drew

I'm doing my free trial right now, do people think overall it is not worth it?

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.