Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 573

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. BackyardHero11 likes this.
  2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

3. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

4. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Agreed. One of the few times in my life I audibly groaned. It was sooooo unnecessary. My sister will no longer see horror movies with me because I took her to Sinister. Over all it was good. The home movies were genuinely tense and scary. The jump scare at the end was so far beneath the rest of the film.

currytheword and chewbacca110 like this.
  5. BackyardHero11

Trusted

6. drewinseries

Drew

Just watched the blackcoats daughter. It was very good, annoyed I waited so long to see it.

7. BackyardHero11

Trusted

almost watched this last night! but I've been working so many hours wasn't sure how long I'd stay away, so I started my rewatch of The Munsters. Which speaking of, the original pilot that was filmed in color, not a fan, show is perfect in black and white.

drewinseries likes this.
  8. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Is anyone else like this?

Me when someone dies in a horror movie: oh that sucks

Me when a cat/dog/any animal dies in a horror movie: WOW FUCK THIS MOVIE THATS TERRIBLE THAT POOR BABY NOOOO!

9. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Was looking for something to watch last night for like 15 minutes before I settled on Scream (my girlfriend had actually never seen it) and holy shit, I still got intense chills at the very end. It was interesting to see how she responded to it, having never seen it and not really knowing much about it. She would become critical of something that happened or a decision that was made by a character and then almost double back when she realized that everything is very intentional and it seemed to be done on purpose for a reason. I got the opportunity to explain to her later who Wes Craven was and how he was a huge part of the slasher movement from the 80s and then what he created in Scream and guys, it was such a neat moment. She loved it and now we're gonna watch the other three.

10. BackyardHero11

Trusted

this is awesome! enjoy! the film side of twitter recently had a surge of positivity surrounding Scream 4, it made me really happy. I love all of them, even the weaker 3rd one works well in the meta of a horror series and is still fun haha

11. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

That's great. I actually watched all four with a friend earlier last year (and he had never seen any past 1), but I've only seen 1 and 2 multiple times. I think as a whole, it really lends itself to being supremely rewatchable though. Sometimes, i'm just happy to have some direction because MY GOD I can be so indecisive when it comes to picking something to watch or start watching sometimes. I swear I aimlessly opened apps, scrolled through, closed apps, opened apps, etc for like 20 minutes last night.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  12. BackyardHero11

Trusted

it's the worst haha, I try to get ideas throughout the work day so that I can just get home and throw something on, but alas.. haha

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

That was me with the first John Wick

GBlades and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  14. Went on a late-night bike ride last night and the streetlights made me feel like I was in Stranger Things, haha. Rode up to the top of a hill near me and I'm pretty sure I saw a UFO. So it was only natural to come home and watch the original Night of the Living Dead. 'Tis the season, baby.

15. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Gonna start off my spooky movies with What We Do In The Shadows because my friend has never seen it

16. BackyardHero11

Trusted

[​IMG]

17. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Cory and jkauf like this.
  18. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Heard a lot of good about Tigers Are Not Afraid

jkauf likes this.
  19. yung_ting

Trusted

Ma was actually great?

currytheword, Aaron Mook and GBlades like this.
  20. GBlades

Trusted

currytheword likes this.
  21. yung_ting

Trusted

It was really well paced and a ton of fun, as far as teen schlock goes it was top tier

currytheword and BackyardHero11 like this.
  22. GBlades

Trusted

I didnt expect it and the ending was a brutal culmination of it all!

currytheword and yung_ting like this.
  23. BackyardHero11

Trusted

the final line of the film is gold. "Inlaws"

bradsonemanband likes this.
  24. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Need to watch Ma. Also been meaning to watch Funny Games, which I’ve heard some good things about.

zachmacD likes this.
  25. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Also need to see Ma especially after how it's being received in here. Funny Games is a really unique and unsettling experience.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.