Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 572

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

I can’t sing that movie’s praises enough. I love it so much. Such a great horror film.

2. I randomly watched TURBO KID today. That movie was crazy haha.

3. BackyardHero11

Trusted

hahah love the TOO Scary inclusion

4. BackyardHero11

Trusted

just finished this the other day, oh my god I can't wait for more. don't want to spoil anything, but the cameos were fantastic, and the twist on the plot at the end, season 2's gonna be fun.

Matt and bradsonemanband like this.
  5. BackyardHero11

Trusted

saw IT2 last night. I thought it was great! first is probably definitely a tighter movie, but having just read the book, I really enjoyed the amount that still ended up in it. I thought the big ending was really well done and it was definitely something I was nervous about. the humor landed, the horror landed. as I've said previously, even if I personally didn't always get scared, I always believed in the characters fear and was sucked in. also I personally didn't feel the length. I think together, both films make up a great epic experience. happy to see the studio let him lose on the fantastical elements of King, even if not all the fantastical things made it in. really really interested in that super cut though!

zachmacD, 333 GANG and chewbacca110 like this.
  6. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I'm 50/50 on those so far, but I also randomly picked the ones I watched. I'm glad this is going to keep going though.

7. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Despite how I felt about the movie and all of my qualms with it, THIS. Given the anticipation and attention that this movie would undoubtedly receive, it was nice to know that not much was really off the table.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  8. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Yeah I think it’s over sadly, I believe this was the last month. I could be wrong though.

But yeah I’ve watched all of them and liked them all varying degrees. I think this months is my favorite though. It’s called Pure.

9. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

supernovagirl likes this.
  10. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  11. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Keep meaning to continue with Into The Dark. I've only watched the first two

12. Introduced my friend to Triangle yesterday. Still a great movie. If anyone in here hasn't seen it, I highly recommend it and going in knowing nothing. One of my favorite under the radar gems.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

This thread got me to watch it and I loved it so much. I only wish they hadn’t weirdly Americanized it.

Joe likes this.
  14. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

The Fly episode was a lot of fun. That movie absolutely rules.

15. drewinseries

Drew

Gotta watch that, just got Shudder and it's one of the first things I saw on there.

Joe likes this.
  16. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Anyone watch that The Purge tv show? Just saw it was on Hulu now and kinda wanna make sure it’s worth my time before committing.

17. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  18. currytheword

Trusted

Sinister’s ending sucked, but I actually really enjoyed the film and did feel the way a horror movie is supposed to make you feel throughout it.

Unfortunately, much like The Descent, the sequel is AWFUL.

19. OH SHIT I FORGOT TRAIN TO BUSAN

Jake W likes this.
  20. Castle Rock? What if I've never read Stephen King before?

21. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I've never watched the sequel of either, I saw the good ending of The Descent and left it at that, I actually love Sinister and don't remember disliking the ending. one of my favorite horror films.

airik625 and currytheword like this.
  22. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Castle Rock is an original story that features characters and places that already exist in King lore. it would actually be pretty interesting to see what you think with no connection to the easter eggs.

23. yung_ting

Trusted

Ready or Not was a fucking blast, was pleasantly surprised with how violent it got at times. Was not expecting it all to be real in the end but made for such a fun payoff. Definitely killed any sort of messaging in the film (the rich actually have to kill you or they all die?) but I guess I wasn’t really going into this for social commentary lol

supernovagirl, eight30 and airik625 like this.
  24. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Hell yeah.

25. currytheword

Trusted

It’s a very corny cliche jump scare to end on. If they ended it at Ethan Hawke’s character dying, with the ghoul watching the kid do it, that would’ve been 10x’s better to me.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.