Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 564

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

This just reminded me that Robert Englund is going to be in PDX for that convention and I can't afford to go and I've died a bit on the inside

2. MrDaveH

Regular

Just got back from Ready or Not.
    It was fun!... but I think Mayhem is the better Samara Weaving film.

Still worth a watch, though.

ChaseTx likes this.
  3. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Ready or Not was great. Samara is so fun to watch as always.

ChaseTx and Kuri44 like this.
  4. Kuri44

Watched Ma, Brightburn, and The Curse of La Llorona yesterday.

Ma was good for what it was. It was a fun and entertaining 90 min. And the last 30 min was the highlight for me.

I liked Brightburn more than I expected to. Even though it was just a horror themed Superman origin story with half the budget. The kills and Injuries were gnarly.

The Curse of La Llorona was so awful I wanted to gladly drown myself trying to get through it.
    They could’ve made a Legitimate horror movie based off that folklore but it was completely in the wrong hands.

5. currytheword

Trusted

Halloween/Scream > NOES > FT13th > Candyman > Hellraiser > Child's Play > IKWYDLS

6. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

What about TCM? ^

currytheword likes this.
  7. currytheword

Trusted

I guess TCM I didn't think of since it's Leatherface plus a whole family of evil hillbillies, but i'd likely put it ahead of FT13th and below NOES.

ghostedaway likes this.
  8. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

9. BackyardHero11

Trusted

just watched this this week and was so impressed how great it was. some effects dated of course, but still super effective. 2 wasn't terrible as a movie I guess but threw away like every rule put in place by the first one haha. next up is Dream Warriors, looking forward to that since everyone seems to speak highly of it.

currytheword likes this.
  10. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Saw Ready or Not last night, had such a good time. theatre was about half full at 3pm on a Sunday so not too bad! I definitely want to see it again. then I watched Mayhem when I got home, also wild haha. very enjoyable.

currytheword likes this.
  11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I've loved the franchise since I was a kid but one night in college I was with some friends off campus and everyone was either drunk or high and we watched the first one on TV and everyone else went bonkers at the end scene when Nancy's mom's body went through the tiny door window and they ranted how bad that looked.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  12. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yeah I can imagine that wouldn't go over well haha. I remember one Halloween I picked the original Halloween for me and all my friends to watch and a couple of them sat there just being like it's slow, it's not scary, wah wah and ruined it! oh well, I still love it haha.

13. bradsonemanband Aug 26, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 26, 2019)
    Ready Or Not was a blast!

14. 333 GANG

ACAB

15. Hahaha dammit! Yes. I kept joking with my friends that it was called Ready Set Go, and apparently it stuck with me...

16. 333 GANG

ACAB

Haha, I figured. I was just making sure there wasn’t some other good movie that came out recently I hadn’t heard of!

bradsonemanband likes this.
  17. This dude is supposed to be directing The Conjuring 3, which is a bit discouraging. Though, it'll still have the same writer as Conjuring 2.

Kuri44 likes this.
  18. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

ready or not is awesome.

ChaseTx, BackyardHero11 and Kuri44 like this.
  19. Just watched it as well and, yup.

Kuri44 likes this.
  20. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I Still Know What You Did Last Summer is soooooo bad. Yeesh.

Jake W and currytheword like this.
  21. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Loving the Ready or Not love in here

22. currytheword

Trusted

COME ON DUDE. WILL BENSON?! BEENNN’SSSSS SOOOONNNN.

BKO5950505 and chewbacca110 like this.
  23. Re: Ready or Not, was it in here someone said Disney released it? The second I saw the Fox Searchlight logo I was like, Yo this is wild haha

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  24. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I'll Always Know is somehow worse

25. BackyardHero11

Trusted

bradsonemanband likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.