Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 563

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I started listening to so many bands as a kid because he mentioned that he liked them. I’ll probably always carry a bit of a torch there.

2. Kuri44

3. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I enjoyed Ready or Not, but the movie was kind of ruined because the morons next to me talked the entire movie. Why is it that people think they can talk at the theaters especially during Horror movies? At the end of the movie I couldn't take it anymore and unloaded of them because I was so excited for the movie and they fucking ruined it by talking during any suspenseful part :(

4. BackyardHero11

Trusted

5. zachmacD

Trusted

Did you read the book by any chance? I listened to it on audible (45 hours) and I thought the movie left a lot to be desired. I think it would've been much better as a series on Netflix. Something like Mindhunter would've been epic

6. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

At this point, there should be a slasher movie created that centers around a group of people who are all exceptionally awful theatre-goers (like the ones mentioned) and they are picked off one by one. And we can root for the killer the entire time.

BirdPerson, Joe, jkauf and 3 others like this.
  7. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Hell yes

8. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

There would still be people going to see this that would talk the entire way through it

9. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

That would be so great haha

I usually keep my composure, but they were so rude and totally didn't get why I was upset. First time I've ever called a complete stranger a fucking idiot in my life and have no regrets.

10. currytheword

Trusted

I have said the same in that horror movies at the theater are 99% of the time a bad experience. With the exception of Halloween (2018), I don't believe i've attended a horror movie in theaters within its first week of premiering for a long time. I was EXTREMELY lucky that it seemed the entire crowd was very much into the movie and not talking at all, until Laurie disappeared after falling off the balcony. Then everyone cheered loudly.

11. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

If anyone talks during The Lighthouse I am dumping a bucket of sea water on their head

12. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I am the same way and I have some friends who always still wanna go and I'll end up getting pressured into it sometimes and I just end up fuming the whole time (even if it's a movie I don't care that much about). I've had decent luck going to Thursday night showings (Midsommar) but typically I will wait a week if it's generating any buzz at all.

13. currytheword

Trusted

Yeah come to think of it, I actually did see Midsommar at its Thursday premiere, and barely anyone was there thankfully.

14. Jake W

Halloween 6 was one big yikes

Kuri44 likes this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

He was so hot I couldn't imagine why she would marry his uglier yes charming brother

Also wow at Disney releasing it

Kiana and Kuri44 like this.
  16. Jake W

Finished watching all the Halloween films. I'd rank them:

H20
    Zombie 1
    Resurrection
    Zombie 2

ChaseTx and currytheword like this.
  17. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Doesn’t that say more about how much you enjoyed last years or how little you enjoy the series outside
    of the original haha

18. Jake W

I love 2018

currytheword and Aaron Mook like this.
  19. Jake W

I loved 1, 2 and 2018

Liked 4 and H20

Zombie 1 and 5 were decent

The rest are bad

20. Kuri44

finally got through the rest of the Elm Street franchise.

Definitely the worst franchise of the 3. (Halloween, F13, NOES) The first part is the only movie I’d consider great/worthy of rewatch

21. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Omg dream warriors is iconic tho. And I say this unironically for once haha I love dream warriors

22. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Dream Warriors is my favorite of the franchise!

ChaseTx, Kiana and Rowan5215 like this.
  23. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Dream Warriors and New Nightmare are my faves and the OG rounds out the top 3

easily my favourite of those three franchises anyway

ChaseTx, Contender and currytheword like this.
  24. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

the original nightmare on elm St is so perfectly made and iconic and imaginative that idec I only like one or two of the sequels. They set the bar impossibly high after releasing the greatest movie of all time.

25. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Rewatching High Tension for my podcast. Haven’t seen it since the theaters!

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.