Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 560

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. 333 GANG

ACAB

I figured as much, but I just love the idea of watching “scary” movies around Halloween (or at least in the fall season), so I figured I would hold off.

Cameron likes this.
  2. 333 GANG

ACAB

That one too! Can’t wait to see it.

ghostedaway likes this.
  3. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

The new Halloween was really good. I need to add the rest of these to my list.

Jake W and 333 GANG like this.
  4. zachmacD

Trusted

Scary stories sucked. Cheesy horrible dialogue and unfulfilling kills. I get this was supposed to be an entry level horror but still. Wait for it on red box

5. Booooo, it was a ton of fun. Great creature design/visual fx and a script that balances humor with allegories for racism and war, geared towards both younger audiences and older crowds who are nostalgic for the books. Catch it in theaters imo

6. Night Channels

Trusted

I've looked everywhere and cannot find a take worse than this

Contender and xapplexpiex like this.
  7. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I think Us is the only filmed I've loved from this year. From any genre

8. zachmacD

Trusted

Thanks for your opinion

9. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Crawl was so much fun. Can't wait to rematch it around Halloween time as well. Probably the most fun Horror movie of the year though I'm expecting Ready or Not to take that claim after next week.

10. currytheword

Trusted

I really, really thought Crawl looked bad from the trailers and I also haven't enjoyed a killer animal/creature film since Jaws/Anaconda. But, i've also heard nothing but positivity regarding it so I feel I must give it a chance now.

11. Excited to catch Ma and Crawl when they're available to rent.

currytheword and ghostedaway like this.
  12. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I liked Ma but felt it could have been much better paced. Dragged a little too much and needed more sadistic kills. The pacing of Crawl is what makes it a 90 minute nailbiter that is constantly engaging you. I usually hate animal/creature films too so I was pleasantly surprised.

333 GANG and currytheword like this.
  13. eight30 Aug 16, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 16, 2019)
    eight30

Regular

I saw Crawl in theaters twice and I had so much fun both times.

Edit: I also want to add that I loved that it was about 90 minutes because these 2.5 hour movies are getting tiring to me. Rewatched IT a couple weeks in ago in preparation for the sequel and it is too damn long.

14. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I haven't seen Ma yet and I'm looking forward to it (i've read the spoilers) but I wish it was more a slasher. i thought it'd have a bigger kill count.

15. I don't mind long movies, but I do love a good 80-90min horror movie as well. Rewatching the Final Destination series made me realize my appreciation for short and sweet.

16. I need to rewatch It before the second one comes out. I didn't mind the length, but as with Midsommar, I'm sure my bladder disagreed.

17. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Did anyone watch Incident in a Ghostland? It’s on shudder now. Directed by the guy who did Martyrs. Review blurbs on the page are really positive.

18. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

All the reactions I’ve seen are so divisive, been called everything from a masterpiece to unwatchable garbage. If you do end up watching please let me know because I’ve been very curious but reluctant

19. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

watching it now

Cory, Kuri44 and yung_ting like this.
  20. MrDaveH

Regular

The blurbs on those pages are *ALWAYS* positive when they're first released. Makes me think they have reviews set up to launch at the same time. Eventually you'll get some weird 1 star ones followed by a few more reliable takes.

21. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

not horror but I’m assuming some Bong Joon-Ho fans are in here, Parasite is out there now

SpyKi likes this.
  22. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Haha, guess I’ve never noticed but you’re probably totally right. I can’t remember the last time a movie popped up on Shudder that I was looking for on day one that it dropped, so I never noticed that.

Regardless, I’ll check the movie out on Wednesday or Thursday. I’ll watch this purely out of respect for how good Martyrs is.

23. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I liked Incident in Ghost Land a lot. It begins with an In Memoriam for HP Lovecraft so you know you are in for something weird. Probably better to know as little about it as possible but there are some trigger warnings.

24. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Man what the fuck is this!

25. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Oh god you like that terrible film then

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.