Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 557

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

The worms have so eaten these geniuses' brains that they missed the part where the hunted deplorable people kick a bunch of elite ass

jkauf likes this.
  2. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

There were actually a lot of cool scenes. Him walking through the glass door was a top one for me.

Joe likes this.
  3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I totally got The Hunt confused with Ready or Not

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Saw Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark last night. I was entertained.

Reminded me of the Goosebumps movies and Are You Afraid Of The Dark? series.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  5. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’ll echo what everyone else is saying: Scary Stories was a lotta fun.

bradsonemanband and Aaron Mook like this.
  6. It actually might be my favorite horror sequel ever? I think it's just as effective as the original for completely different reasons

And yeah, add me to the Scary Stories was a lot of fun camp

bradsonemanband and xapplexpiex like this.
  7. Yeah, I liked Scary Stories a lot. Makes me want to order the books and read em again. It’s been a million years.

8. BackyardHero11

Trusted

9. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I finished Typewriter on Netflix. It’s 6 episodes and was pretty interesting. I’ve never seen any Indian tv/films, but I enjoyed this. The last two episodes were especially good and the ending planted some plot lines for season 2. I recommend it for fans of American Horror Story.

BirdPerson likes this.
  10. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Too much free time today, so I also just finished Halloween 4. I actually really liked this. The mask looked silly, but also kinda creepy. Apparently Michael is superhuman now. The last 30 minutes was such a wild ride. I could kinda see the last scene coming when Jamie bought the clown costume. I’m curious if part 5 will have her be the killer now. I’ll try to watch tomorrow.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Regarding the superhuman part IIRC from reading the novelization of the first movie, Michael was part of a Celtic curse put upon him where he had a kill a family member and was the latest in a string of curses across centuries. This was omitted in Carpenter’s original film. They finally explore this in part 5

Aaron Mook and xapplexpiex like this.
  12. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Haha this is wild. I’m looking forward to 5 now.

13. I enjoyed Scary Stories. Not as much as It (2017) and Child's Play (2019), though. I knew what I was getting myself into, but I was so not okay with the Red Spot scene.

From the poster for Them That Follow I thought it was a horror movie; I'm glad I read about it beforehand. Still a very distressing film.

Maybe not my greatest idea for a double-header.

14. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Watched Halloween 2018 again last night. Still haven't watched all of them so far, but I really love that one and it's easily my second favourite so far.

Also watched the first Zombie one. Saw it years ago but barely remembered it. It was ok. My main criticism is that it really fails to be tense at all.

15. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Just watched Halloween 5. What was up with all the times it made you think Michael was coming to get someone, but it was really a teenager trying to give someone a fright? And I’m guessing the ending is hinting at the whole cult thing I’m hearing about. I kinda like that 1 and 2 is like one big movie and 4, 5, and 6 is it’s own trilogy. At least, it seems like it so far.

16. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Yeah, for a modern reboot or “late sequel” of a classic horror series, the 2018 film is fantastic. I plan on buying it soon.

Jake W and BackyardHero11 like this.
  17. currytheword

Trusted

Yeah, The Curse is where they actually divulge into the details of the cult behind Michael's drive to kill and superhuman ability. Personally, I think it takes away from the scary aspect of a kid who killed his parents, never spoke again, and then did it again as an adult escaped mental patient. Paul Rudd is fun to watch though, and RIP to Don who would pass away after 6 filmed.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  18. Finally got around to watching Final Destination 5, and I liked it! I knew about the ending from reading this thread or hearing from somewhere else idr, but it was still cool. The gymnastics scene makes no physical sense to me and some of the 3D stuff is laughable, but overall I really enjoyed it.

currytheword and Jake W like this.
  19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Has anyone seen Love Witch? I was looking through a list of top horror films and that one caught my eye. Does it lean in on the horror side? Thinking of giving it a go tonight.

20. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Not really horror, it’s like an arthouse homage/throwback to old cult/B movies with a kind of giallo feel? Been a while since I’ve seen it, don’t think it ever really tries to be scary but if I remember correctly there is some violence and suspense.

It’s incredible though

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Thanks! I'll definitely be checking it out. I'm just not sure it'll be up my girlfriends alley. I'm trying to steer away from the Netflix horror stuff she usually puts on.

yung_ting likes this.
  22. Jake W

Oh god Zombie 2 Halloween... Is it this bad the whole way through?

Aaron Mook likes this.
  23. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

[​IMG]

BackyardHero11 and Aaron Mook like this.
  24. Jake W

25. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I've heard people refer to Zombie's Halloween 2 as a masterpiece. I haven't seen it since it came out so I can't say one way or the other, but I remember not liking it. I'm going to rewatch both of them this October.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.