Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 555

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. 333 GANG

ACAB

I loved Zombie’s first Halloween. Was less than thrilled with the second one.

2. Kuri44

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is the best of those four

3. AlwaysEvolving21 Aug 6, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 6, 2019)
    AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Def the best of the remakes. The Beginning wasn't terrible either, but Texas 3D had so much potential and boy did they mess that one up. The first 15 minutes or so were amazing, especially how it picked up right where the original left off, then it became a giant flaming pile of trash lol.

Kuri44 likes this.
  4. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I gotta see this now.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  5. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

1000 corpses and it's not close

Although I do think I'll watch wrong turn tonight

Aaron Mook likes this.
  6. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I gotta go with TCM, it’s a solid remake imo. My rule of thumb with them is that they keep the spirit but they also do their own thing, which TCM does.

7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Has a good cast too.

DarkHotline likes this.
  8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Freddy vs Jason is one I’ll always remember bc of how fun it was. I saw it twice in theatres. Once with friends and once on a date lol.

I thought House of 1000 Corpses was cool when it came out but I also thought it was a bit of a rip off of the TCM story. I love the movie now though. It’s aged very well. Same for Devils Rejects.

9. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Kelly using a homophobic slur in Freddy v Jason rly brings it down tremendously

TylerDrumming likes this.
  10. currytheword

Trusted

Very true. A cringe-worthy show of the times when it came out. I’d be willing to bet if she were asked about it now she’d likely have some remorse for agreeing to the line.

11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I always heard a rumour that she did the line improv but idk if that's true and lbr too lazy to Google rn. But yeah I imagine she does regret it. It's just like record scratchingly dated

currytheword likes this.
  12. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I somehow still have not seen Freddy v Jason.

currytheword likes this.
  13. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I did watch Lake Mungo yesterday though based on some of the remarks about it!

14. currytheword

Trusted

15. currytheword

Trusted

Just took a dive and found an EW interview with her around the time of the movie release:

Kia uses some pretty brash language in the movie. Were you concerned about what Destiny’s Child fans might think?

“I did an online chat with the fans to tell them there was a lot of cussing in the movie. I don’t know what parents are going to think, but I wanted to tell them myself so it didn’t come as a surprise. We’re role models first, and that was something I felt the fans, the young ones, had to know.”

YIKES.

TylerDrumming likes this.
  16. Kuri44

17. BackyardHero11 Aug 7, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 7, 2019)
    BackyardHero11

Trusted

18. Kuri44

19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Aaron Mook and TylerDrumming like this.
  20. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

21. currytheword

Trusted

See, like despite how little I am liked here how could I ever leave the forums when you all keep finding the coolest shit ever.

laraheart and bradsonemanband like this.
  22. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’ve only seen Halloween 1-3 and that was years ago. I’m going to marathon them now. I finished part 1 and I was legit spooked. Part 2 will be tomorrow.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  23. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I really hate Halloween 3 lol

currytheword likes this.
  24. BackyardHero11

Trusted

going to finish my F13 run, got Jason Takes Manhattan next, then NOES since it's on Shudder, then Halloween, though those I'm pretty sure I've seen them all at least once in my life, still looking forward to a rewatch. I did watch Halloween 3 last year and I have a good time with that one haha.

25. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I only like the ending

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.