Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 547

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I think Dogma is the only thing I’ve ever enjoyed Chris Rock in. Maybe some SNL too but I’m blanking.

2. Drew Baldy

Trusted

Ummm, lethal weapon and his stand up comedy.

(And yes I know I shouldn’t like lethal weapon because of Mel Gibson but I just can’t. I grew up watching those 80’s/90’s action movies and they have a special place in my heart as well lol)

3. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Saw films are great. I liked Jigsaw and I'll love the new one

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve only seen the first Lethal Weapon and don’t remember him being in it. His stand up is what I like the least. I’ve never liked his repeating a phrase thing that he seems to do a lot.

Drew Baldy likes this.
  5. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

He was only in the 4th one

EASheartsVinyl and Drew Baldy like this.
  6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I lied, I’ve seen the very troubled Lethal Weapon 5 as well. Never liked the series and certainly wouldn’t watch anything with Mel now.

I guess I’ve liked what I’ve seen of Everybody Hates Chris too, but that’s only a few episodes/clips.

7. Gotta say, I wasn't a huge fan of 1, so we'll see how this goes haha.

8. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

It gets better, then worse, better, and then mmmmmmeeeeeehhhhhhh

9. Haha sounds like a roller coaster. Dope avi btw.

DarkHotline likes this.
  10. DarkHotline

It’s one of my favorite shots in horror in recent memory

Joe likes this.
  11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I don’t understand how anyone can enjoy Friday the 13th part V, VII, VIII or Jason Goes to Hell. Those films are such trash

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Wait Samuel is playing Rocks father in the new Saw?

13. DarkHotline

I’ve posted about what I like about V and I like VI because Zombie Jason was not only the logical choice to continue the series, it’s also the last good-decent film in the franchise. Manhattan gets a pass because of the comedic moments.

14. Jake Gyllenhaal

They're 16 years apart IRL, so it's plausible.

15. Jake Gyllenhaal

This is incredible

Cameron likes this.
  16. Booooo, Jason Takes Manhattan is a fucking blast. And I'm sorry, did YOU write a movie that starts with the FBI blowing up Jason Voorhees? No? Didn't think so.

17. VII is easily the worst in the franchise, but if you're doing a full runthrough, I don't see any reason to omit it (it's not unwatchable). The other missteps in the series get by on being bonkers alone imo

That's the one thing F13 has on Halloween. At least its bad installments are still fun to watch.

18. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Implying it’s fun to watch Jason kill people on a boat for an hour instead of actually being in Manhattan.

19. It is

The movie could be called Jason Takes a Schooner for all I care, it still rips

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  20. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I've been meaning to get around to watching all the Friday the 13th films, because I've watched some of them, but most of the were so long ago I don't know which ones I've watched and which ones I haven't

21. It's only been a year but I'm already jonesing for Halloween and F13 series runthroughs. Should probably give Nightmare on Elm Street a go though. I've only seen the first two

edit: plus New Nightmare I guess

22. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

One of my film instructors at my university directed Nightmare on Elm Street 2. It’s alright as far as Nightmare standards are

23. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

NOES2 is fascinating

chewbacca110 likes this.
  24. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Jack Sholder!! He also directed Wishmaster 2 and the severely underrated Alone in the Dark

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.