Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 546

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I watch it and Under Wraps every year. It’s more of a tradition than most actual horror movies for me.

2. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Oh wow I haven’t seen Under Wraps in like 15 years. I did watch Halloweentown last October though

3. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Skip VII

4. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Don’t skip VII

5. DarkHotline

VII is fucking terrible, easily the worst one. Like if you’re wanting to watch the whole series, I guess watch it but trust me, you’ll be in disbelief on how bad it is.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  6. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

New Blood is my favorite entry. My poster is signed by Lar Park Lincoln, Kane Hodder, & Terry Kiser.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  7. DarkHotline

The whole plot point of the psychic girl is absurd and it honestly feels like they just slapped two half written scripts together and called it good. It also sadly got butchered by the MPAA and the cut footage is now lost.

8. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

The Carrie vs Jason vibe they were going for is tons of fun. 5 is easily my least favorite

9. DarkHotline

See, I like V but it’s absurd in its own way. Like the fact that the whole thing was due to a guy getting homicidal over a candy bar is hysterical to me and it’s got the highest body count in the series iirc.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  10. BackyardHero11

Trusted

welcome! haha I'm doing the same. I've watched through Part 6 so far. I've got The New Blood next.

Current ranking is 2, 6, 1, 3, 5 - maybe 5 then 3, not sure haha.

11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 and the only good ones

12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I like Under Wraps even more than Halloweentown. It’s so well written and still kills me every time.

13. Colby Searcy Jul 23, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 23, 2019)
    Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Is Into The Dark any good? Think I'm gonna start it after I finish Veronica Mars

14. BackyardHero11

Trusted

like the Blumhouse holiday anthology movies?

15. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

The series on Hulu? Is there no cohesion to them?

16. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yeah they're separate movies so you can watch whichever ones in any order. they are just connected to a certain holiday of the month they come out. some have been enjoyable, some not so good, definitely varies. I've heard really good things about the latest I think, but I'm like 3 behind.

17. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I've only watched the first two. First one was boring, second one was better, but not good enough to make me come back for the others yet lol

18. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

19. Drew Baldy

Trusted

I know the saw series is pretty much hated around these parts but for some reason they’ve always held a special place in my heart as a horror franchise. (I really hated the Jogsaw)

With that said Chris Rock and Samuel L. Jackson have got me pretty stoked for the new one. Pretty excited for it.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  20. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I haven't watched them in a long time. I loved the first, and I think I remember 2 and 3 making for a decent trilogy? and then I just fell off one or two after that. having said that, i'll always check out a new interpretation to at least give it a shot.

Drew Baldy likes this.
  21. Drew Baldy

Trusted

Yeah, there are definitely some misfires in the series. Which, in my opinion, is true of all long running horror series. My favorite of the whole series was Saw 6. The one that had the healthcare social commentary.

22. Jake Gyllenhaal

They should have stopped at 3!

[​IMG]

THEY SHOULD HAVE STOPPED AT 3!!!!!!!!!!!

Drew Baldy likes this.
  23. Drew Baldy

Trusted

For some reason I have total faith that Rock is going to make it a good movie. I’ll probablu be disappointed but I get to have optimism for another year until I’m let down next May at least.

24. Jake Gyllenhaal

I saw yesterday the working title is The Organ Donor but other than that has anything been released as to story details? The only one I haven't seen is Jigsaw but I have no idea where they can take the story at this point.

25. Drew Baldy

Trusted

The details are really scarce in terms of story. Just some casting. I know Chris Rock is playing a detective and Samuel L. Jackson is playing his father. I just love Chris Rock and have faith in him.

Edit: I’m 100% sure I’ll be disappointed but at least I get a few months of anticipation.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.